New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hello Tsikot peeps. Where can i apply for International driver's permit? How much does it cost? Lastly, is it accepted in the US.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes, it is accepted in the US. do you have to bring your passport most of the times? not sure, but i think so since it's the only valid ID accepted.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the intl driver's license issued by the PMA is a USELESS PIECE OF CARDBOARD! gastos lang yan na di naman honored sa ibang countries!

your Philippine driver's license issued by the LTO is honored in the US for 2-3 months after entry to the US depending on which US state you are in. after that prescribed period, kahit may intl license ka pa di na rin i-honor since you are suppose to get a US driver's license from the DMV after 60-90 days after entry.

I stayed in the US for 3 years pare, I drove there for almost 1 year using my philippine DL. kaya lang take not in and out ako sa US every month kaya valid yung philippine license ko. after nag-expire yung phil DL ko saka lang ako kumuha ng US DL.

oh, I got flagged by Texas police because of a near hit accident (i escaped a "sandwich" situation, the car in front of me and the truck behind me collided, i escaped by pulling my car to the shoulder), my license was a phil DL. i also had an accident in illinois, phil DL din gamit ko ok lang. both times i presented my intl DL issued by the PMA, tinawanan lang ng highway patrol. that is why i know it is a useless piece of cardboard. yun pa ring phil DL ko ang hinanap nila.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Ok. Thanks a lot for the info guys. That means i wont apply for the permit anymore.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    BTW guys, I'll be staying for about 1 month in Virginia, specifically, VA Beach and Norfolk.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir yebo, kahit ba non-pro valid sa U.S?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pro o non-pro valid sa US for 2-3 months after entry.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    so pag mag dadrive ka dun, passport and philippine DL lang dadalhin pwede na??

ang lupit naman..dito din ba sa atin ganyan?? foreigners pag nag drive pwede na yung license nila sa country of origin for the first few months?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir magkano ba kumuha ng international drivers license sa LTO?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    wala yatang international dl sa lto. sa AAP pwede kumuha.
    Pero if you're going to the US or canada pwede na yung phil license mo nga for a few months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
International driver's permit