New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome back klein!

as what karding posted, the max hp output of the rxs type-s occurs at 6500rpm (and the output slowly falls after that), though the redline of it is at 8000rpm (as what you mentioned).

nice car and baby!
    Last edited by mazdamazda; October 20th, 2004 at 09:27 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my take is that honda/acura practically invented the sport compact market, and for the longest time, kept all the profit to itself.

now, the other companies are catching up with more attractive offerings, and the RSX is facing much tougher competition than the Integra ever did.

the other factor is that acura is breaking all of their historical sales records with the TL, TSX and the MDX, which is probably making them think that they can do without the RSX.

i personally think that the RSX is a fine car, but not enough of an evolution/improvement from the Integra GSR/Type R to keep ahead of the competition. add to that the entry of the Evo and WRX STi for a few thousand more (keep in mind that the difference of $7k is "only" $100 more a month over a 5-year loan), and that spells trouble for the RSX.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Karding
    Teka, paano mo nalaman na may DC2 ako noon? Bago ka lang sa Tsikot di ba?
    nasa pbase mo ata fafa

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by ssaloon
    nasa pbase mo ata fafa
    hehe... yup, I checked.

The Subaru mileage is expected... the Evos and Volvo Turbos have similar problems.

At least, Karding, you're happy with the Civic... and if you ever trade in for an RSX, mas madali pa (Honda to Honda).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ssaloon
    nasa pbase mo ata fafa
    ay, oo nga pala :hihihi: tongo talaga 'ko

oo nga niky, 'if' I ever trade for RSX, it should be easy for Acura dealership.

M54, $100 is enough to cover my monthly insurance premium hahaha

I'm hoping to sell this Civic next summer and just use my fiancee's DB Integra. It has 180,000 miles but the B16 swap is only $1,300. May mag-react na naman, "bakit hindi pa B18?" B16 muna kse transportation car lang naman. hehehe No more monthly car payments 'til after grad school.

hey,peeps im back for d 2nd time..been a while.kamusta?just noticed my rpm today, its not 6500 but its 8000 rpm.im drivin type s..just to let ya know..
    ahhh, you mean 8,000rpm redline? And 2004-below Type-S reaches max hp at 7,400rpm while the 05 RSX can be at 210hp * 7,800rpm with 8100 redline.

JDM Type-S is equivalent to RSX Base Model in the US thats why my quote shows you those specs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Integra Type-R not yet phased out!!