New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    just like comparing gwapo/maganda lang vs. sa mala-bakekang/quasimodong blackbelter!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    is it a matter of personal style? is this part of jeepney culture?
    Yup, you hit the nail right on the head. Jeepney culture emphasizes the Filipino's love for borloloy. Mahilig talaga tayo sa maraming kulay, tunog to kill the blues.

I guess we're a jolly bunch

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Yup, you hit the nail right on the head. Jeepney culture emphasizes the Filipino's love for borloloy. Mahilig talaga tayo sa maraming kulay, tunog to kill the blues.

I guess we're a jolly bunch
    of that there is no doubt...masaya at kenkoy dito.. and it reflects in the ride...so is it also a matter of being a poseur vs. a driver

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... hard to answer.

Personally, I believe in performance first and foremost. If I do get dress-up parts, it's only parts that have performance value... like my rims: I only got them because my stock rims were too narrow for sports tires.

But there's something to be said for personalizing your ride. If all you've got is an old Civic or Corolla, with millions of others on the street, adding a little something different is a way to stand out. A flashy paint job, body kit, rims, etcetera... they help make you different.

And heck, if your car's unique, it lessens the chance that you'll get carnapped.

Still doesn't mean that it's in good taste. Sleeper all the way for me.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i just take care of my stock style para clean look

siguro kung magdadagdag ako, rims na and maybe a set of projector HIDs

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    oi one sided itong thread na to ah. it's understandable, everyone yearns power in any form. but there are certain people who'd go after the appearance factor probably initially, then follow it up with performance upgrade afterwards. cost might be the primary reason- e.g. cheap bodykit over expensive cf/titanium parts. wow factor may come in next basically aimed at the opposite ***- don't ask, it works. novelty value factor ranks high among afficionados of vintage car restoration while for artists/showbiz pips/royalties, passion factor would be their inspiration. in other words, aesthetic sensibility for some people give them some kind of exclusivity. I guess your choice really depends on where you're coming from. different strokes for different folks, yes?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    performance.

sleeper is king.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    looks.

for me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Syempre performance. Kaya dapat laging physically fit para may "staying power".

Ay sa kotse pala. Hehehe.

Performance pa rin.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    performance. :D

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
If you could only have one which would it be - Looks or Performance?