The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006

WATCH: We Want to Live in This Gas Station Toilet in the Philippines

Greg Keraghosian
    Associate Travel Editor
    January 1, 2015

Greg Keraghosian
    When we pull into a gas station restroom on a road trip, we’re usually satisfied if the toilet isn’t clogged and the paper towel dispenser isn’t empty. But one Shell station in the Philippines is raising the bar to a level that a five-star hotel might not match.

A video of the swankier-than-swank toilet, shot by Filipino-Canadian model Jason Godfrey, has gone viral, with almost 1.5 million streams on YouTube, and it’s easy to see why he calls it “ridiculous.”

Godfrey opens an innocuous-looking men’s room door at the Shell gas station in Bohol, Philippines, and it looks immaculate, with wood shelves, neatly arranged magazines, framed art, and a soft piano tune playing. And lest you think the smell is of a typical toilet, Godfrey admires the “menthol” aroma inside. “This toilet is better than my room. It’s better than my entire apartment actually,” he says.

WATCH: We Want to Live in This Gas Station Toilet in the Philippines

The Shell station is in the city of Tagbilaran, and the idea for the restroom was conceived by its owner, Rex Carampatana. A writer for boholic.com visited the station and confirms that the ladies’ room is equally inviting, and that there’s even a phone inside.

The site reports that Carampatana designed the luxurious restrooms to invite tourists and make customers feel more welcome. A Shell station in the nearby province of Cebu is said to have taken the same approach with its restrooms.
    https://www.yahoo.com/travel/watch-l...620688267.html

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    nice! may bagong tourist spot sa bohol --- comfort room!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Rex Carampatana has actually won as the Philippines' best Shell retailer and has represented the country and competed globally against the top Shell retailers from all over the world.

Any business would be lucky to partner with him - very dedicated and driven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I wonder how his bathroom at home looks like

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    ^
    syempre my TV at videoke and cr
    tapos may malaking Bathtub w/bubbles
    kasama mga