New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Anyone here who experienced battery issues within the first year of ownership?

Hopefully some definitive data can be posted here.

Something along the lines of...
    1.) Did you experience battery issues within the first year of ownership?
    2.) If yes, is it a diesel / gasoline variant?
    3.) Was there a definite finding that the battery was the issue, or caused by some other part like alternator?

Thanks!

*** Hi Mods, can we post a survey here so we can gather some data? Thanks! ***

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmetal View Post

3.) Was there a definite finding that the battery was the issue, or caused by some other part like alternator?

Thanks!

errr...
    what is your issue with yours, po?

my one year old non-hyundai car's battery died, because my alternator died. replacing the alternator revived my dead battery, which in turn lasted more than one year afterward.
    i was new and naive to car ownership then, and so i purchased a new alternator. i could have argued, that an alternator that dies in its first year of use, is a lemon of a factory defect.
    this was when brand new cars were already warrantied for 3 years.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 28th, 2018 at 08:57 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    FWIW, I have this impression that Hyundai is still weak on electrical systems. We had issues with a couple of Getz from a decade ago where the battery got discharged (which later on proved to be an alternator fault), but the system failed to light up the not-charging caution light. Both happened outside of warranty and we had to shell out around 18k for a new alternator and associated services, each. It didn't happen at the same time, though, but it was too close to be a coincidence. Sold both cars within about year or so later.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Thanks!

Yes po.

Nangyari sa kapitbahay ko na less than 6 months Accent CRDI, nagpatulong sa akin to analyze why it's not starting.

I told him it's the battery, instead of replacing it he chose that his vehicle be brought to casa by a special flat bed truck.

He spent more than the cost of the battery.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Yes po.

Nangyari sa kapitbahay ko na less than 6 months Accent CRDI, nagpatulong sa akin to analyze why it's not starting.

I told him it's the battery, instead of replacing it he chose that his vehicle be brought to casa by a special flat bed truck.

He spent more than the cost of the battery.
    Yes this is what I'm referring to. Was there a definitive finding that its the battery that caused the problem?

If yes, did the battery came from Korea?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr...
    what is your issue with yours, po?

my one year old non-hyundai car's battery died, because my alternator died. replacing the alternator revived my dead battery, which in turn lasted more than one year afterward.
    i was new and naive to car ownership then, and so i purchased a new alternator. i could have argued, that an alternator that dies in its first year of use, is a lemon of a factory defect.
    this was when brand new cars were already warrantied for 3 years.
    I just want to see real data about battery issues with Accent, not just guesstimates.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I just want to see real data about battery issues with Accent, not just guesstimates.
    Number of accent owners here in this forum vs the total forum population is very small = low sample size.

Those with battery issues on their accents, the number is even lower unless all accent owners had issues with their batteries.

If you want to see "real data" and not just anecdotal evidence, looks like you'll need access to the dealerships' service records mismo hehehe...
    Last edited by mda; March 9th, 2018 at 09:22 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Ano stock battery ng mga hyundai?

Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2018

3.) Was there a definite finding that the battery was the issiue, or caused by some other part like alternator?

Thanks!

Share ko lang yung 2016 ko Accent diesel manual. First 6 months bumigay na stock batt. Nag deliver ang hyundai sakin same batt from korea pero baligtad ang nega and positive, therefore pinalitan nila ng dala nila na motolite gold. Tumagal sya and now mag 2 years bumigay na den. Now replaced it with 3sm. Ok lang kaya yun mga sir?