New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check the service records. My cousin purchased a 97 RAV before with 30K on the odo. A check with Toyota Quezon Ave revealed it logged 100+K already a year before. To think the odo was digital!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mc_robie
    one sure thing to check of the cars usage would be to check the steering wheel and shift knob. if those two are shiny and smooth, wala na ding mga grooves(?! ) mahaba na ang natakbo nun. pwede dba? :nerd:
    This is good advice. I also suggest checking the gas/brake/clutch pedals. If the rubber seems worn down on a 'low mileage' car, then be suspicious.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit anong check nyo at kung magaling mangloko yung seller, there will always be a will to tamper anything and everything...hehe.

I/they can always change those items you mentioned to look for wear and tear. I bet you, alam ng manlolokong seller kung saan at alin ang titignan natin/nyo.. haha. Specialy sa pinas, magaling magpasikot sikot yan...hehe.

Kaya ba nung napunta ako sa US, I always make sure not to deal with Pinoy (specially buying houses and cars). No offense to my fella pinoys.

blackmagic, buti nag check ng service records yung cousin mo

pero may way pa din to keep the mileage down. Before going to the service shop, change the odo to a lower one. Pag alis mo dun, gamitin mo yung car for so many kilometers then change back to your spare odo (gauge cluster). This will keep (freeze) your original gauge cluster age down.

Magaganda yung mga advice, I'm just giving another possible way para aware kayo na may way to alter an odo.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    sir i think the rubber pedals may not be that accurate. meron kasi ibang people na naglalagay nun mga kinakabit sa pedal yung niken ata yun i dunno but i think you guys get it (this may prevent deterioration of the rubber)
    tapos napansin ko lang sa corolla ko before about 4 yrs ko na sya gamit like new pa rin ang pedal d nauupod. sa mitsu naman namin na sasakyan less than a yr parang pudpod na ang gas and clutch pedal
    obeservation ko lang, peace po tayo :P

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, tama ka sheep. Not all of the recommendation here is not or cannot be taken as a consideration when looking for an odometer fraud. Sa panahon ngayon, brand new car na lang ang totally na walang odo fraud. buying a USED car and having an odo fraud is the risk you are taking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
how to know if the odometer isnt tampered?