Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think your Navara will look better without it. Nice clean look

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Oo nga naman sir sya naman mag babayad ehh

based on redorange explanation sa mga inter state highway sa US this can be beneficial because you run fast and the re directed wind may deflect nga small gravel.
    Even in city driving it has benefits if you have trucks in front that can fling small rocks at your hood with their big tires it can prevent paint damage. Is your truck a top mount intercooler with a hood scoop? If not then it won't make a difference at all with the intercooler. I personally have never had one on my Xterra even before moving to Guam with it's slower speed limit. I wish I did though since the leading edge of my hood now has some marks on it.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    gonzo,
    I like what redorange said. It's true
    For me the other use of it..
    Depending on the Design it helps/guides you on tight spaces.
    As Markings, May Allowance ka.
    Di mo magagasgas bumpers mo. Harap and Gilid.
    You will see every inch of it.
    Pwede mo sagad. Di ka papalya.
    Get the one with CLIPPINGS.. Not the stick-on.. For Cleaning purposes.
    If you clean your car regularly there's no problem with trap dirts.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    How does the hood guard look like? Is it like the one in Onyl Ryan's avatar? I can also see some owners putting a black piece of cloth that covers the front part of the hood. Is it also a hood guard or a variation of it? Does it also provide the same purpose as the hood guard?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Even in city driving it has benefits if you have trucks in front that can fling small rocks at your hood with their big tires it can prevent paint damage. Is your truck a top mount intercooler with a hood scoop? If not then it won't make a difference at all with the intercooler. I personally have never had one on my Xterra even before moving to Guam with it's slower speed limit. I wish I did though since the leading edge of my hood now has some marks on it.

No sir the intercooler of Navara is on lower part sa harap.

But sir when you move slow and no much air to deflect the gravel away it can still hit the hood when you are following a truck with dirty tires... or you only referring to the leading edge na portion ng hood that is covered by the guard?

Well protection nga din yun maske hindi 100% coverage... well.. wifey thinks its a obstruction to her driving vision... and shes the one driving this pickup most of the time.. kaya di ko na lang pa kabit anyway..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sorry double post

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyl Ryan View Post
    gonzo,
    I like what redorange said. It's true
    For me the other use of it..
    Depending on the Design it helps/guides you on tight spaces.
    As Markings, May Allowance ka.
    Di mo magagasgas bumpers mo. Harap and Gilid.
    You will see every inch of it.
    Pwede mo sagad. Di ka papalya.
    Get the one with CLIPPINGS.. Not the stick-on.. For Cleaning purposes.
    If you clean your car regularly there's no problem with trap dirts.

You mean sir you use the hood guard as a reference sa clearance ng front bumper? Hmnn.. its logical nga and make sense... you discovered another purpose of the hood guard sir.. Thanks

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ayan ba yung parang spoiler? E yung parang leather na nilalagay sa unahan ng hood para san yun?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Ayan ba yung parang spoiler? E yung parang leather na nilalagay sa unahan ng hood para san yun?
    Plastic sya sir parang spoiler sa leading edge ng hood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hood guard ano purpose?