3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats
    Wakekek!! pickup napunta!
    bakit hindi nlang Al new Hi-Lux??
    those get larger better looking

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    mahal yun 4x4. mababa yun 4x2, kulang sa hp at safety.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    here's our new pickup!

actually, its here:

http://www.pbase.com/deemaks

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    good choice cardo! haha but i think i was betting on you getting the city..kasi ako city din gusto ko compared sa vios..sa mitsu lancer glx naman...sawa na kami..yung lancer namin 15 years na..kaya maiba naman if ever..

mas pratical nga talaga yata ang pick-ups kahit siguro base model lang..with the condition of the roads here and the flooding here in manila..swak na swak ang pick-up!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehhe ang gulo....

teka pano napunta sa equation ang dmax?

parang ang layo....hehehehe

anyway, congrats on your much better choice...I can say Dmax tops your other 2 choices....hehehehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hang layo rin sa budget nung d-max and ng mga subcompact sedans! haha! :D

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    thanks guys... if not for the dmax, i'm sure it would've been the city!

actually we were going to get (sana) the mazda3 but after having a test drive i was'nt "into it" ... moreover, it took 2-3 mons for the delivery. so in a sense medyo disappointed ako. i guess it was a way of HIM telling us its not practical to get another car :D so we went around to take a look at some other models.

then we went to isuzu alabang kase isa sa wish list ko rin yun d-max. kako silip lang natin... we owned a couple of diesels back then(late 90's), strada na box type and a spacegear. i had my doubts kase nga talbog at medyo bagal ang diesel... pero I was surprised kase nga bilis din ang response nya! very powerful yun 3 Li TD. it was also roomy esp at the rear. i was expecting something like bench with a 90 degree back support kase nga ganun yun strada namin dati. but it was actually roomy at may angled back support na rin. and new for 05 was improved suspension and updated interior... cut the story short. my wife and I decided to get it, spend a little more since in the long run we could save up on gas, and be more practical with it. and oh, we both love the looks and high stance :D
    Last edited by cardo; January 20th, 2005 at 10:15 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    cardo,
    i was in the same dillema...choosing between honda city cvt 1.5 vtec or the 4x2 isuzu d-max....
    d-max was my first choice because i would save roughly 2,500 pesos a month in fuel compared to my honda 97 vti...( i was logging 30,000 kilometer a year)but with a price difference of 260k (city699k-dmax960k) i have to use the d max for 8 1/2years para lang mabawi yung 260k(260k/2.5k). and after 8 years assuming both depreciated by 50%, i lost 480k in value sa dmax compared sa 350k in value ng city. besides the 260k i would have saved if i bought the city could generate additional income to pay for the balance of the city assuming i get it by 50%down 36 months to pay....(btw im a pawnshop operator, so 260k at 5% a month =13,000)...monthly amortization for the city is around 12k for 36 mos....
    so solve na monthly amortization then tubo pa ako ng 1000 per month....halos no cash out ako sa city coz pwede i trade in yung vti na almost 40% value ng city. i want a pick up kase pangit daan satin at iwas baha pa kase mataas....but im asking myself do i really need one? with the dmax i have to fork out around 23k a month for 36 mos...(asssuming 30% down)but without the additional income the 260k could generate. i could afford the dmax naman pero nanghihinayan ako coz i could get the city by just trading in my old car and the 260k i could save by getting the city instead of the d-max would pay for the amortization of the city for the next 36 mos...parang ginisa ko sa sariling mantika. tama ba opinion ko to get the city? what do u think guys? tama b desisyon ko to get the city or go for the dmax? need advice?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
High End 1.5LI VS Base 1.6Li Sedan