New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by h12
    I think we're probably down to Altis 1.6E, Mazda 1.6S, Mazda 1.6V and Ford Focus Trend 1.6. So if it's value for money, what would you guys choose?
    For you, I'd pick the Ford Focus Trend.

It has a very comfortable ride like the Altis but still handles well like the Mazda3. It has a more lively interior color combination (compared to the dark & serious Mazda3 and the oh-so-boring Corolla). The Focus' A/T is also a lot better than the sluggish A/T of the Mazda3.

What's not to like about the Focus? For me it would be the exterior look though it is still a notch above the bare sheetmetal look of the Altis - but is still not as suave as the Mazda3. The Focus Sport Hatchback looks a lot better with those gorgeous tail lamps & flowing C-pillar.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    If you must buy now, I agree with M2 - the Focus Trend, It's interior is a notch above all other base model and even some higher model compact cars. Dual zone A/C, euro-style design, high belt line etc. . . It's suspension is supple enough for a relaxing daily grind. The 1.6L engine feels as if it has more power than its 1.8L sibling. And it's definitely faster than the 1.6L Mazda 3.

If you like the Altis because it's, umm, well, a TOYOTA, you might want to wait a little more time as the next gen's coming. And you dont want to get an 'OLD' new car.

The Civic's a tempting choice, but with all the quality issues of this car, I'll have to leave it up to the others = ).
    Last edited by an0nim0us; January 18th, 2007 at 02:21 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    that's actually our concern, aside from the fact that I feel others offer more for the same price, the next gen altis is rumored to be coming out soon ... mmm ... choices choices.

like an0nim0us said, we "dont want to get an 'OLD' new car"

i just hope they will have those cash discounts by the time we make a decision and i think i need more "haggling" experience ... we can't seem to get "extras" from the sales people .... or do you get it when you actually buy? hehehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ford always offers discounts... trademark nila yun.

Mazda, not so much, because they sell pretty well, regardless. But you never know.

Toyota? They won't offer you any discounts or incentives for the Corolla until the new one is just a month away. Medyo over-confident sila of selling, but that's because they don't really have to work hard to sell... people often just walk into a Toyota dealership and buy on the spot, regardless of how good or bad their sales talk is... :hysterical: ...mga ibang tao pa diyan sa pila ng Fortuner, ginatasan nga nila (buy these mags, tires, accessories, etcetera chuvachuva for an additional 100-200k at mauna ka na sa pila)... really despicable way for sales agents to behave... pero pinatulan pa rin ng mga tao, dahil "Toyota".

Unfortunately, 2008 pa yung bagong Corolla... earliest possible yun... baka 2009 pa, so, no discounts for a loooooong time.
    Last edited by niky; January 19th, 2007 at 10:07 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    pero what you get in the altis is a bulletproof car hehehee it really doesnt or rarely brakes down in my case never pa .... narumbado na paggamit nun a

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Unfortunately, 2008 pa yung bagong Corolla... earliest possible yun... baka 2009 pa, so, no discounts for a loooooong time.

^^^ Really?, grabe naman ang Toyota! Well it's good news for me kasi 'latest' model pa rin pala kotse ko until '08

The 10th gen was released late last year pa in China, which is supposedly 'spec'ed' closer to what Asean will get. I dont see why TMPI will hold the release that long, or would they?

Ford is generous in terms of freebies and discounts, try to talk to several dealerships. When I got the Lynx, they gave me a 30K discount plus lots of accessories. The same could be true for the Focus as it's not really as popular as the Altis nor the Civic, so expect better than industry-standard freebies.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    pero what you get in the altis is a bulletproof car hehehee it really doesnt or rarely brakes down in my case never pa .... narumbado na paggamit nun a
    To be fair... that much is true. My cousin hasn't had much problems with his 01, aside from replacing the front shocks.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madali sanang mag advice pero nun sinabi mong flooded areas...eh medyo dapat ata SUV. di lang sa intake tinitignan kung kaya ng isang sasakyan ang flood waters. you also have to consider the electronic part of it. minsan splashes of water lang pedeng itirik ang ride mo. for me, an automatic Suzuki Jimmy would suits you just fine.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Payo ko?

ano man mapili mo, make sure lang na masaya ka at avoid mo ung kung kelan nabili mo na paminsan-minsan sumasagi sa isip mo na, "sayang, gusto ko talaga porma nun"... masarap mag drive na you really feel great bout ur ride.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hi ma'm h12..kung ako ikaw subukan mo rin pumasok sa mga casa ng hyundai o kia..pag sedan meron silang matrix o accent..ok mga diesel engine ngayon iyang CRDI tinatawag..but then i dont want add up to your confusion..hehe..
    kung san ka masaya go for it..!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
[Help] Getting more confused ...