New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    hehe, nasa tagaytay kami ng barkada ko before new year, it was 2am, very foggy, when we're going back to the rest house, may city sa harap namen na naka full HID kits (head & foglamps pa ha) we're observing it kung pano tolerance sa fog,....WALA, and guess what?!? Tumabi then tumigil na siya dahil di na lumulusot yung buga ng HID, pansin kasi namen na patay-bukas paulit-ulit nung ilaw (siguro tinetest, di naman kinaya! )

Yung akin nga stock foglamps lang, medyo hirap naring lumusot, yung pang HID na yun!
    They're prolly using 6000K, 8000K or maybe 10000K.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    imho.. most,not all of the ones saying its useless is because they havent tried it or maybe just dont have the luxury to try it.. so unless you dont have first hand experience i suggest you try it first peace

6000K color temp for me.. best of both worlds..
    im planning on 3000K color temp ong my bright for fogs and rains if ever visibility suffers...

and it really depends on the HID kit.. some are just made cheap so they produce the brightness only to make them look as hids but it just stays on their headlamps.. not much on the road...

and prevent from buying "fake" ones. so many people nowadays try to use known hid brands just to sell but the hell why settle for unbranded ones when the prices isnt too far.. atleast you have your peace of mind if ever something happends and not wait for the brandless hid to order the defective product from they got their stocks..

oops. haha!.. too much na ata.. just sharing what i know..... :D

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ^^^exactly what i was thinking.... higher Kelvin rating doesn't mean higher light output.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you'll know if its HID even its color is stock

iba ang buga.. iba ang bato ng HID...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Purpose wise, ang HID para sakin ay:

90% pamporma (lang)
    10% "upgrade" for "better visibility"
    ====
    100% crap
    It's this type of equation why HIDs have a bad rap. Please don't get me wrong, Picard, I'm just referring to the equation. Just in the case of irresponsible and reckless motorcycle riders, a lot but I would not say all, a lot of motorists who install HIDs with this equation in mind do not reap the real benefits of HIDs. By installing bulbs with the higher Ks, they get that white bulb look. Sure it's brighter than the halogen with 'Xenon' color. And a lot of motorists who cross their paths wince when their HIDs blind these oncoming motorists. But do they really see better than with stock halogens?

Quote Originally Posted by rayban7g View Post
    hehe, nasa tagaytay kami ng barkada ko before new year, it was 2am, very foggy, when we're going back to the rest house, may city sa harap namen na naka full HID kits (head & foglamps pa ha) we're observing it kung pano tolerance sa fog,....WALA, and guess what?!? Tumabi then tumigil na siya dahil di na lumulusot yung buga ng HID, pansin kasi namen na patay-bukas paulit-ulit nung ilaw (siguro tinetest, di naman kinaya! )

Yung akin nga stock foglamps lang, medyo hirap naring lumusot, yung pang HID na yun!
    This surely isn't "more light, better visibility". But it's really a case of having the wrong colored lights for this purpose. All weather bulbs, whether HID or halogen, will fare better than HIDs of higher Ks. Had that city used lower Ks, he'd have seen better down the road.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i went home from tagaytay 3am.. puro fogs na.. had 6000K color temp HIDs for my headlamps and fogs on my patrol which isnt projector type of headlamps but aligned properly,it isnt hard to see the road.... baka naman lasing un kasunod mo? hehehe. kidding!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    It's this type of equation why HIDs have a bad rap. Please don't get me wrong, Picard, I'm just referring to the equation. Just in the case of irresponsible and reckless motorcycle riders, a lot but I would not say all, a lot of motorists who install HIDs with this equation in mind do not reap the real benefits of HIDs. By installing bulbs with the higher Ks, they get that white bulb look. Sure it's brighter than the halogen with 'Xenon' color. And a lot of motorists who cross their paths wince when their HIDs blind these oncoming motorists. But do they really see better than with stock halogens?

This surely isn't "more light, better visibility". But it's really a case of having the wrong colored lights for this purpose. All weather bulbs, whether HID or halogen, will fare better than HIDs of higher Ks. Had that city used lower Ks, he'd have seen better down the road.
    Yes I understand. It's just my opinion. I've seen HID equiped vehicles that really "wowed" me. Pero karamihan talaga sa mga makikita ko sa kalsadang nakaHID e they just wasted their money.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    you'll know if its HID even its color is stock

iba ang buga.. iba ang bato ng HID...
    the 2007 iteration of the Altis has HIDs - 4300K. you'll notice that it's a bit whiter and brighter than stock when you come across it, however, it'll make you take a second look to determine if it's indeed an HID. although it doesn't have projectors, its beam is not offensive to oncoming traffic. of course, it's probably not as concentrated as if it were on projectors, but i'm sure visibility is still better than stock, or than other non-branded and higher K HIDs.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    i went home from tagaytay 3am.. puro fogs na.. had 6000K color temp HIDs for my headlamps and fogs on my patrol which isnt projector type of headlamps but aligned properly,it isnt hard to see the road.... baka naman lasing un kasunod mo? hehehe. kidding!
    Hehehe! Now that's a different story. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Yes I understand. It's just my opinion. I've seen HID equiped vehicles that really "wowed" me. Pero karamihan talaga sa mga makikita ko sa kalsadang nakaHID e they just wasted their money.
    Ditto. Not all HIDs are made equal, just as cars and their headlamp assemblies, etc. Add to that the different Ks available, and the different levels of (mis)alignment and you have a lot of "wow" equations and a lot of "pweh" equations. Unfortunately, there are a lot more of the latter.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the best combo talaga yung 6000 or less HID in projectors. ganda pa tingnan!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
H.I.D...waste of money?????