New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Try mo na lang sa iba. May iba kasi na maraming retoke ginagawa sa kotse para lang mabenta.

Like:

First, kaya lowered na, kasi may tinatagong problema yan sa suspension like worn out na coil spring, shocks etc. Pag cut ang spring, bad yon.

Pag lowered na, mas maganda may chin or spoiler di ba? Pampaganda nga naman ng itsura.

Low mileage, pero old model - pwedeng tampered na yan.

Yung Engine Cooling fan, nakarekta na, kaya pala wala ng overheat. Dapat laging bukas ang aircon. (Na-experience to ng kamag-anak, too late nung malaman nya.

Tint, tatanggalin para mag mukhang bago at marami pang iba.

Well, ilan lang yan sa titingnan mo.

Marami ka pa ring dapat i-check na hindi mo makikita agad on your first day of test drive. Mga leaks sa radiator, sa makina. Usually lalabas na yan pag madalas ng pinapatakbo.

Try mo ring gawin yung advice nung iba dito. At least marami ka ng idea.

Ingat na lang sa pagbili. Good luck!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    hmmm...some rewinding perhaps?
    Check mo kung naparewind yung odo, but it's also possible na minsan lang gamitin yung car, I own a 96 Vtec with just 60k on the odo, coz it's very seldomly used.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    how would you know if the odo has been rewinded? is there any way to know? kahit ikaw lang tumingin? or should it be brought sa casa pa?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ey sir.. ako pa sayo hanap ka nalang ng iba, yung may perfect casa record and yung hindi modded... yung stock lang kahit may konting sira as long as walang major i think its better than yung may kinalikot na sa suspension may sira pa ang odo..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa ibang cars actual milage can be extracted from the ECU or from the service records.

One of our vehicles has a broken odo, we have to go to the dealer to check actual mileage.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pre,

Just a word of caution. It might be true that the seller had only driven the car at 40th (+) Km. In fairness, it might be true that there was no major problem with suspension or gas consumption. Maybe the speedometer got truly busted out of normal use.

Maybe.

What IS sure is that once you decide to buy it you'll part with your P300th pesos. That's a lot of money in my humble opinion! If you make a mistake, bye, bye, 300,000 Pesos!

My suggestion is, do not ignore the cloud of doubt hanging in your mind. I once had the same budget and shopped for a second-hand car. It's so easy to get stuck to the first or second car in your list of choices, isn't it? (In the end I bought a brand new car for P330th-whose dealer got trashed here and everywhere because of disgusting practices, hehehe. Don't ask. )

Be patient. Hold on to your money a bit longer. You will lose nothing by waiting a little longer, won't you?. Make sure that when you part with your P300th, there shall be no regrets. I have none.

Shop around some more!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel
    Pre,

Just a word of caution. It might be true that the seller had only driven the car at 40th (+) Km. In fairness, it might be true that there was no major problem with suspension or gas consumption. Maybe the speedometer got truly busted out of normal use.

Maybe.

What IS sure is that once you decide to buy it you'll part with your P300th pesos. That's a lot of money in my humble opinion! If you make a mistake, bye, bye, 300,000 Pesos!

My suggestion is, do not ignore the cloud of doubt hanging in your mind. I once had the same budget and shopped for a second-hand car. It's so easy to get stuck to the first or second car in your list of choices, isn't it? (In the end I bought a brand new car for P330th-whose dealer got trashed here and everywhere because of disgusting practices, hehehe. Don't ask. )

Be patient. Hold on to your money a bit longer. You will lose nothing by waiting a little longer, won't you?. Make sure that when you part with your P300th, there shall be no regrets. I have none.

Shop around some more!

Korek ka dyan, CtrlAltDel .

charmander,
    Wag kang magmadali. Marami ka pang makikitang mas maganda.
    Last edited by WeaponX; June 10th, 2005 at 04:47 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs
    how would you know if the odo has been rewinded? is there any way to know? kahit ikaw lang tumingin? or should it be brought sa casa pa?

Makikita mo yung numbers sa Odo, di na sya pantay pantay. Yung last 2 normal lang na ganon (Kasi ginagamit e), pero pag-nagpalit na ng digit dapat papantay sa katabi.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel
    Pre,

Maybe.

Shop around some more!
    true! true! true!

good advise!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    CtrlAltDel - hehe thanks. i always see you posting at the picanto thread unfortunately i wasnt lucky enough to grab one at its original price.

im going to look around for better deals so i could assess things better. i prefer to buy a car from someone i know or at least from a friend's friend kasi. is it advisable to look for a second hand car from the net? i mean will i still find good deals? para kasing most of the cars sold over the net are either sketchy or overpriced..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
is this a good deal?