New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyXIII View Post
    An Evo 3 made to look like a garden-variety itlog...

OT: *Dadz, I can't help but notice the dyno graph you posted. Isn't it a little "peaky"? Mods outgrowing the size of the turbo, perhaps? How's drivability (especially power delivery)?
    Peaky nga sir kaya nag dag dag ako nag chip for the injector to make it smooth i do have a graph nag dyno for the injector but sadly wala ako dyno nag comby kasi kinapos sa oras at budget hehehehehehe.

*Sir jackflask i will take the last one medyo astigin hehehehehehehehe "Slicer" lakas nag dating hehehehehehehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    First to third gen Subaru Legacy is a fave sleeper car in AUS and NZL. The wagon looks even more unassuming.
    Subaru Legacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Toyota Camry 3.5Q...

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I'm really confused on how you define "sleeper car"...some of the cars you guys mentioned are not even close to that category. Cars that were produced that blend to the regular car population tuned by the manufacturer are some of them. A true example that I know are the following:

U.S. Models 1998 to 2000 Volvo S70 T5-Most of you know Volvo is a Volvo...a brick, a boxy saloon with understated appearance as what they call it, a 4 door sedan that can be called a Dad/Mom's car or even a grandparent car...I will not mess with this car, they can kick you ass out assuming that the car you drive was built on the same year range.

U.S. Model 1991 to 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 (E38A and E-39A body frames)-Again another 4 door sedan that looks like your mother's car. They packed a lot of power and torque, having that 4G63T in the engine bay is something that I will not be messing around too.

These two cars are all stock inside out. No blow off valves noise, no whistling of a turbo, no coffee can exhaust no conspicuous marking other than the T5 for the Volvo and VR-4 for the galant. An ordinary person or driver or even a rice boy will not have any clue about these cars, assuming that they don't have an in-depth knowledge about these regular models of cars.

If you drive one of the cars I mentioned above and someone revs an engine with you in a traffic light...just don't do it, play it safe, do not brag what your car can do because you know you will smoke that person out and call it a day and peace out.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hyundai Sonata 3.3L V6

A lot of HS and college kids here where I live are pretty cocky. The thing is, they think their regular 4-cylinder economy cars (Mazda 3, Civic, Lancer, Corolla, Focus, bunch of crossovers, etc) have good performance.

They know better than to pick on the many V8s and performance sedans on the road. But, they think mommy/grandpa cars like mine are pushovers, especially mine which is an old model. They'd do all sorts of things to provoke a response (tailgating, bright lights, weaving behind me, revving engines, etc). Then when I decide to take them on, they're the ones who are surprised.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 7th, 2014 at 12:54 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    An old 2004 Forester XT is still the best sleeper on the road. Even the A/T ones are pretty quick. That ugly, boxy rear and no dual exhausts fool a lot of people. I know better.

There's a lot of Subbies here in snow country, including Foresters. But, there are relatively few Forester XT's. Most people think it's just a naturally aspirated Forester.

Looks harmless to me from the rear. He He
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 7th, 2014 at 01:43 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This is one sleeper I know personally because I got smoked by one when I was still young and cocky. Then a Corvette driver decided to take him on. He got smoked too.

1991 GMC Syclone
    0-60 mph: 4.3 sec, 1/4 mile: 13.0 sec.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Give me names of a sleeper car