New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Finally, a facelift that changed something on the Vios's looks.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    In reality Asian automible (Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, and now Chinese) all find their roots in starting out as very near carbon copy of more superior designs. As far as I remember, Japanese cars of the 70's or 80's have their styling cues inspired (read:they imitated) by American cars like the Cadillac Sedan de Ville (Toyota Crown copied its looks), AMC, Pontiac (Mitsubishi Galant copied its looks), Mustang (Mitsubishi Colt fastback copied it) etc... Then we move to the Korean and Malaysians who tried to look Japanese. Remember Proton Wira? it looks like a streched Lancer. Daewoo Racer, yuck! now that's an original ugly design. :D

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Subtle/not-so-subtle copying of an established marquee in the early stages of a car manufacturer's production cycle is common.

I believe that Geely will eventually outgrow this stage (just like Toyota, Daewoo, Kia, etc.) and produce their own unique brand image. Now, that will be scary to Japanese, Korean and American car makers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Remember Proton Wira? it looks like a streched Lancer. Daewoo Racer, yuck! now that's an original ugly design. :D
    The Proton Wira is a rebodied Mitsubishi Lancer built with full authorization from Mitsubishi Motors.

The Racer is a rebadged Opel (Diyos ko po, gagaya na lang sa mali pa gumaya, hehehe).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    WIK, walang license from toyota yung mga geely cars.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    The Proton Wira is a rebodied Mitsubishi Lancer built with full authorization from Mitsubishi Motors.

The Racer is a rebadged Opel (Diyos ko po, gagaya na lang sa mali pa gumaya, hehehe).

Tanong ko lang po Mr. OTEP, opel po ba yung daewoo racer? di ata yun opel, if so ano siya sa opel?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: Previous generation Opel ang Racer. AFAIK, previous generation Vectra siya. Yung hindi na lumabas sa local market. It was also sold as the Pontiac Le Mans in the U.S.

Sa auctions merong mga Opel-badged versions nito.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry kung malaki image:
    VECTRA

RACER

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i think the Daewoo Racer/GTi is the Opel Cadette.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I think Opel Kadet/Vauxhall Astra yang Daewoo Racer nung 80s sa Europe

it even became the Pontiac Le Mans sa US.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Geely LG-1, once more with feelings [renamed]