New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I "tested" one.

Then I found out that with extinguishers that small, that single spritz was almost everything inside...

------

We've actually had to use extinguishers in the house for the fire the other year. But I wasn't on hand for that... it was my brother and sister who used them, but to no avail... the fire was just too big by the time someone with enough brains to run for the extinguisher got there...

Guess I can't be too bitter... some people just panic in situations like that, especially if it's never happened to them before.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    yup my dad's hyundai starex 2000 has one but I think expire na to?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how many people with fire extinguishers in their cars have actually had to use them? excluding Otep and other people in the lifesaving industries...
    Not exactly in the car. But a last week a small fire broke out in one of the wards due to a faulty extension cord. What's funny was the nurses didn't know how to use the fire extinguisher beside them. A consultant that was passing by had to put out the fire. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    san kaya nag rerefill ng mga Gloria fire extinguisher ng pang MB.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    here's a question - how many people with fire extinguishers in their cars have actually had to use them? excluding Otep and other people in the lifesaving industries...
    Had to use one on a kitchen fire. One time the Meralco transformer outside our office blew and we used up several fire extinguishers putting out the fire. Lastly, same office, our next door neighbor, a public school caught fire and we used all our extingushers and also used our fire hoses.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i had the chance to use one years ago (late 80s). an owner type jeep infront of me stopped and there was smoke coming out the hood. i stopped behind him and alighted with my small fire extinguisher (i forgot the brand but it had a button on top that you have to push). when the driver push up the hood, it was the battery that was burning! two small burst and the fire was extinguished! it happened in roxas blvd near baclaran.

the guy and his wife were very thankful to me and i was just glad that i was able to help them!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
fire extinguisher in your car