New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i was thinking about (hopefully in the near future) importing a personal car (from the US) to the philippines. would the tax depend on the price of the car? what price po ba ang basis? the current price? or the price nung nabili ang car (as brand new). e.g. car is 2 yrs already. what other charges ba ang kelangan kong paghandaan? (aside from shipping). the most that concerns me is the customs dyan sa pinas. uso pa naman ang red-tape sana hindi naman kasing presyo ng car like parang binili ko ulit ang car just to bring it there sa pinas.

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the current price of the car times 100 percent ang duties and taxes plus 10 percent VAT plus 30 percent ad valorem.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    waa! ganun? so parang binili ko ulit ang car??? mukhang kelangang magpa-paldo ng bulsa ah. thanks po.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    naisip ko tuloy.. parang.. bili na lang ako ng bagong kotse sa pinas. less troubles.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout
    the current price of the car times 100 percent ang duties and taxes plus 10 percent VAT plus 30 percent ad valorem.
    Hmm. The blue book value of my 91 Laser RST is $3k.

$3000 duties and taxes
    $300 VAT
    $900 30%

$4200

That doesn't seem to bad although I still think it's a ripoff.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Better check what your rights are. If you're a returning ex-pat, you do have some duty free rights, but I'm not so sure how far they'll go.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Unless you are bringing in something you can't find here, or something you're very attached to, masakit sa ulo yan. Dapat may kaibigan ka sa customs or something.

Try mong magtanong sa mga cargo shipping companies...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    not to mention that there's an advalorem tax equivalent to P 500,000 per unit for all motor vehicle importation since mid of last year.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    Hmm. The blue book value of my 91 Laser RST is $3k.

$3000 duties and taxes
    $300 VAT
    $900 30%

$4200

That doesn't seem to bad although I still think it's a ripoff.
    please correct me if i'm wrong but if i'm not mistaken, philippine customs will compute your car's blue book value at its 5-year depreciation value at most. for example, if you have a model '91 vehicle, they will use the 1996 blue book value and not 2006.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliva1972
    not to mention that there's an advalorem tax equivalent to P 500,000 per unit for all motor vehicle importation since mid of last year.
    this is under EO 418, precisely to discourage the importation of used vehicles.

estimate cost for importing cars?