New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you believe electric cars is dead?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Electric cars will be a curiousity than real transport.

3 30.00%
  • No. Electric cars still have a future.

6 60.00%
  • Undecided

1 10.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The ones owned by our office staff does NOT have pedals. So if he runs out of charge, it is either walk or take a taxi.
    Should've gotten the pedal ones. At least then you have a back-up in case anything goes wrong.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    EVs I think will remain as a niche market. It's obviously only practical for use over short distances and since charging takes several hours at least, you can't set up charging stations the same way you build gasoline stations. If you have to, it has to be big.... think trailer park big or a multi-level parking/charging structure or have charging receptacles available on the side of the road (where parking is allowed). Setting up that kind of infrastructure is a chicken and egg thing. You need these charging stations to sell EVs and you need enough EVs on the road to make the investment on these infrastructure worthwhile.

Not to mention that we have one fundamental problem... we are short on parking spaces as it is. Bottom line is that you will only have a chance to charge it at home, forcing you to plan your trips carefully. That's probably a lot to ask for from consumers.
    let me quote howard stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Should've gotten the pedal ones. At least then you have a back-up in case anything goes wrong.

Not really. The pedals take so much effort that you'll end up walking in a few dozen meters anyway.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    let me quote howard stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."

Years has passed and today still doesn't have the right technology to make electric cars viable against standard cars.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234