New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    A friend went to me today to show a Corolla XL, a loaner car he's using while waiting for his car to be released[he applied to buy a new car]. Lent to him by another friend. He just wanna show it to me and ask my opinion about the car cause he, as far as his little knowledge with cars goes, is considering to buy the said car from his friend. For him the car is so good he wants to offer his friend to buy the car as a spare ride. The car is an all stock 1997 Toyota Corolla XL, in immaculate condition. Very fresh and has this 'stock' appeal cause it looks so unmolested and virgin. The engine is so quiet and aircon is so cool, the 2E engine is adequately powerful and very thrifty. The non assisted steering isnt really heavy to my surprise. It reminded me of our bnew acquired Corolla XL back in 97 too. Yes! It was that preserved. You know guys that Im the least person to praise a Toyota, much more the Ae101 XL pero it was that good.
    I test drove the car and was so impressed with it.I was just surprised when my friend told me to head to a gas station for a refill. To my surprise, he said to fill the car with unleaded. Sabi ko, hindi pwede E10 sa XL kasi Carb ito, sabi nya yun ang sabi ng kaibigan nya ilagay nya ang for the several days na gamit nya yung oto, E10 lang ang pinalagay nya and he even told me na naka several full tank na sya sa oto.

After refilling, i was waiting for some bad signs to happen pero wala naman.. I think ang E10 is recommended only on fuel injected cars, ano ba talaga ang bad effect nito sa mga carb type? pero I swear wala naman talagang masamang nangyari sa Corolla, ganun pa din sya, tahimik. Walang knocking na nangyari or even loss of power. Naguguluhan lang ako. Pwede naman ata ang E10 sa mga carbureted engines. Or ano ba talaga?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Existing thread at:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60945

Next time, use search for existing threads.

Is E10 really bad for carbureted engines?