New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Going topless

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • is cool

20 62.50%
  • impractical. just think of all the UV rays.

12 37.50%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I find it impractical, since it adds weight to the car and the structural ridigity of the car is compromised.

Though I wouldn't mind having an SL65 AMG.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I wouldn't mind a turbocharged Pontiac Solstice or one of the older Monster Miatas with a Mustang 5.0 V8 in it.

It even has the Mustang's dual tailpipes.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 31st, 2007 at 06:14 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Hardtop

top-up on most days... I am not too confident of a soft-top in our tropical country...

top-down when driving through the winding roads of Tagaytay or Baguio... :cool:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I was using my s2000 as a daily driver here in florida, where we have sunshine all year round at 80 degrees, hindi masyadong mainit, until I bought my SUV, It was fun, only thing is the cargo space and the fear of being run over by an SUV. Still have my convertible and I think it is still cool.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    what?! and inhale all the gas fumes in a midday traffic jam? no thanks

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kuyabil View Post
    and the fear of being run over by an SUV.
    Saw just that happen summer of last year at the 4-way stop near my kid's school. A Miata crunched up at the back by the driver of a raised Dodge Ram pickup not seeing the car ahead of him.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ok lang basta hindi ako dadaan sa edsa.

kung temperate climates at you want to maximize the power of your engine by not turning on the air-con plus you want to look cool-pogi: top down

otherwise top up!

pero i still prefer hard tops lalo na sa atin na blade lang katapat ng soft-top then bye-bye na...

ako sa skyliteroof ng liteace, kung malamig panahon at tamang tama ang init ng araw, i open the shade, open the roof..ayun parang open-top na din (kahit may t-bars in the middle... malwanag naman) you can hear the rush of air from the roof and in the windows..

pero solve na ako sa sun/moonroof...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    convertibles (soft top)are not practical to have in pinas.considering the way how people love to vandal.just a mere slice on any part, that's it.and add to that, the air pollution.though they look good.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i'll refrain from voting until there's a 3rd option for "both".
    that said, i'd probably only have the guts to have a folding hardtop. cloth just seems too vandal-friendly.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Convertibles. Cool or impractical?