New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pitbullz,

i think that was the galant yung gti/mpi body

buti pa china kahit sabihin na kopya o bulok at least they can produce "real" cars...eh tayo hanggang owner at passenger jeep lang ang kaya..nagsasarado pa mga assembler nito! kahit magsimula tayo sa motorsiklo parang honda ba?..... ahihihi

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    cant remember kung ito yun kay jeff goldblum & michelle pfiefer na pinagtatawanan yun box type na toyota corolla or yun kay michael keaton na supervisor ng isang jap car manufacturing plant somewhere in the US. grabe laiitin mga japanese cars siguro noon.
    OT:
    I think this movie is entitled "Into the Night". The only thing I remembered from this movie is that white 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible, which Jeff Goldblum & Michelle Pfiefer rode in one segment.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    It is quite apparent why the Communist gov't of China insist that every foreign automaker seeking to establish operations in China MUST have a local partner. This policy allow Chinese manufacturers easy access to closely held secrets (ex: manufacturing process, techniques, technology, industry know-how, etc) among established manufacturers, which in turn has exacerbated the "piracy" issue in terms of auto designs and engineering.

Although the Japanese were also guilty of design plagiarism from the Americans, things were not so simple for the Japanese as they did not attain experience and know-how on a golden platter like the way the Chinese are unscrupulously doing so right now. The Japanese had to reverse engineer American cars and learn their own lessons with no apparent guidance. On the other hand, the Chinese partners of foreign auto manufacturers gets to witness first hand every nook, cranny, everything there is to know about manufacturing automobiles.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    life's not fair eh?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    some cars being sold in china(japanese) use chinese names bec some chinese,specially the elderly will NEVER buy japanese brands. the same goes true to korea i think mas malakas pa ata yun anti jap product sentiments nila dyan. i know some koreans na ganun magisip kahit na bata pa :-) although some can pass as pure pirated japeks hahaha

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by notEworthy27
    I'd say there's still room for improvement.lots of it actually. at least China have been able to start their own brand. Sana tayo narin sumunod (yung original ha).
    I agree. Even the South Koreans made clunky copies of Jap cars at first, look at them now - the Kia Sorento and the Hyundai Sonata are among the better cars in the market today.

How about us? Wala kahit isa.

Five years from now, China will produce a true world-class car.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kailangan kasi natin pagkaka isa ng mga key decision makers hehehe di nag aaway away :-)

dont compare us to china. iba ang situation nila sa atin tsaka talo tayo sa resources hehehe i think its better to compare our nation to its neighbor and brother malaysia...they prodiced their wn models na...perodua is so good theyre being sold in europe. perodua is privately owned and being helped out by toyota's little brother daihatsu...toyota and daihatsu already bought some of their designs to marketred under their names..a testimony of how good thyre getting at...malaysia isnt THAT rich...madami din squatter hehehe kaya lang meron silang pagkakaisa :-) ewan ko ba ang hilig kasi natin gayahin ang mga kano pati political model ginaya na din natin eh hindi naman bagay sa bansa at sitwasyon natin ;-) maganda lang sa papel at pakinggan ang sistema nila ;-)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hirap ng parts nyan.... reminds me of legacy... daihatsu engine na sinalpak sa pickup body. IMHO parang assembled sa cavite

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    nakita ko na sya kahapon...masasabi ko lang, you'll get what you paid for B). companies might think twice before making it a company car, pero kun gawing taxi...baka pwede pa

interior is nice and clean, good headroom. kaso nainis ako sa handles that roll the window down -- nagwa wobble. kids would wreck the darn things with ease

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven
    Not sure if I'll buy cars Chinese-brand cars in the near future.

I won't know if I'll feel comfortable buying cars from a communist country.

Really don't know.
    Hehe...almost everything from rubber shoes, appliances to cell phones comes from Communist China! Why be uncomfortable.? China today is not really a Communist state...Look at their economy!

The real Daihatsu Charade Clone was the Tianjin Tj1000 (it actually looked like the Charade G100), since this was made in joint venture with Daihatsu itself and a state-owned company. Now with the proliferation of auto parts suppliers in China supporting these joint ventures, one of China's few privately held car manufacturing companies like Geely, had tapped these supply chains to build their own car version from top to bottom! Very ingenious!
    Last edited by Benji_DCP; October 17th, 2005 at 12:50 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
China car invades RP: Geely HA 1.0 is now locally available