The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Wowowwiewow..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    The majority of constituents are still mired in appalling poverty, while the visage of wealth that one may observe (once in a while) are concentrated towards a privileged few only.
    well, the wealthy are not gonna wait a million years for the poor to move up in life before they buy those expensive toys.

They are going to enjoy the fruits of their money trees coz like the rest of humankind, they only get 1 chance at life.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i wish i have one of each....hehehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, going rate for a secondhand McLaren F1 is somewhere between 1.5-2 million US Dollars, so maybe around 55-110 million pesos. Brand new, it was just under a million dollars (I think, not sure, as they weren't sold Stateside... heard that it costs almost another million to legalize it for US use).

Like the F40, the McLaren only goes up in price... but unlike other wildly expensive cars, the McLaren is used (and useable) as a daily driver and is frequently raced, and it's not uncommon to see McLarens with chipped paint and fenders and thousands upon thousands of kilometers on the odometer. So the prices of remaining McLarens just keeps going up. It's madness.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sweet!!!! Every exotic spotter in Pinas I see here on the board makes me proud! LOL! Not only that, its a great sign of economical growth, or I could be wrong? hmmm... oh well, seeing PI with exotic cars flowing in, its great overall!

40M Pesos sounds about right. Thou this one spotted in SkyWay is a Euro Spec model CGT, the US Spec CGT would run a little bit more in cost. The difference in Spec? Not that much, on the exterior you can tell by the non-front bumper reflectors where as you will see on the US Spec. 40M Pesos is about $800K USD? This is including tax, am I correct? If so, then WHOA!!!

Lately, the prices on the (US Spec) CGTs has been dropping dramatically. Several of my exotics brokers been tossing these cars to anyone who has little cash and sell it as fast as possible. I've ran into some crazy prices in the last 2months thru phone transactions. If anyone interested in one let me know, cus if its 40M you are talking I can drop that to 30M brand new all taxes included. or even half! Im not too familiar with the currency and tax rates but im sure its possilble.

The CGT is one hell of a super car. If you are not careful of its full potential horsepower and its tricky clutch system, you will spin out. Ive stalled many many times on all the CGTs I've handled, all 9 CGT's so far. LOL! Believe me, I rather let some pro driver handle it and while I sit back and listen to the exhaust note, its pure orgasm!

What is the maximum speed limit on Skyway? Whats SkyWay road condition?

Thanks/Salamat!

-B-

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    40 million?!?!?

Haha! One can already buy eight-ten houses with that kind of money

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BHANE

What is the maximum speed limit on Skyway? Whats SkyWay road condition?

Thanks/Salamat!

-B-
    I know the max speed is around 80 kph before the toll booth at Bicutan. They do track your speed before that point and pull you over if you were above the max speed upon reaching the toll.

The road condition on the skyway is very smooth and probably the only decent stretch of road (also NLEX) that is completely devoid of potholes, etc. However, it is not really flat and there is a portion there that can actually make a vehicle fly off if one is not carefully with the speeds.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Bhane, they said that the carrera GT can be very hard for beginners. but once you masterd driving it. u can see the real potential of that CGT.

I also heard that the CGT price is dropping only for those already used. but im not realy sure of it.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I also prefer the styling of the carrera GT over the Enzo. kahit saan angle mo tignan CGT maganda unlike enzo pero d ko naman sinasabing pangit IMHO lang!

OT:may naka mclaren F1 ba dto sa pinas???

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    I know the max speed is around 80 kph before the toll booth at Bicutan. They do track your speed before that point and pull you over if you were above the max speed upon reaching the toll.

The road condition on the skyway is very smooth and probably the only decent stretch of road (also NLEX) that is completely devoid of potholes, etc. However, it is not really flat and there is a portion there that can actually make a vehicle fly off if one is not carefully with the speeds.
    Thank for the response! Wow, yeah Ive heard the speed difference vs. here in Cali Hwys. and 80kph (50MPH) is like walking speed for the CGT :D But im sure the owner took it higher speed in the open stretch. hehe... I havent been to Manila region since 1982, so I can only imagine how much the roads and hwys have been improved since then.

Quote Originally Posted by pajero gmbh
    Bhane, they said that the carrera GT can be very hard for beginners. but once you masterd driving it. u can see the real potential of that CGT.

I also heard that the CGT price is dropping only for those already used. but im not realy sure of it.
    I agree, ONLY if you mastered it! Since I dont own a CGT, I dont think I have practice time to do so hehe... Ive only handled the CGT on 1st and 2nd gears. Whats cool about the CGT, while on 1st gear, without stepping on the accelerator and gradually let go the clutch the car slowly moves forward. Im guessing this was designed to manuveur this powerful car in and out of a tight spaces such as a garrage/dealership lot/shop etc... Once in first gear with the slight tap on accelerator without throttle control will likely launch the CGT without notice.

Price has been droppin for these cars and stopped production, specially the US Spec. I hear there are smog related issues. Lately, Ive been seeing CGTs in every other Porsche showroom floors. At lease one and sometimes two or more. Once there is an overstock of these beauties sitting around, dealers will sacrifice to sell it to a much lower price. My broker sold 2 CGTs to clients last year at each price tag of $380K, brand new! Thats almost $120K+ price drop. Today, not sure whats the CGTs market price going for.

Salamat!

Quote Originally Posted by pajero gmbh
    I also prefer the styling of the carrera GT over the Enzo. kahit saan angle mo tignan CGT maganda unlike enzo pero d ko naman sinasabing pangit IMHO lang!

OT:may naka mclaren F1 ba dto sa pinas???
    Both are great cars. The CGT has its styling, removable roof, retractable rear wing, killer exhaust note, its a cool overall super car. Also, the CGT was well put together in terms of assembly, paint job, sectional parts, alignment, ergonomics, etc... If you check out the engine bay on the CGT its much cleaner vs. the ENZO where you can see tons of wirings, sheet metal, nuts and bolts everywhere. What the ENZO has is its racing heritage, exclusive, the community, power, unique styling, Ferrari icon, and its Italian beauty. Kaya lang im more into Ferraris of its long line history.

-B-

[EDIT] I had to rewrite, It was 1st gear not neutral. my bad.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Carerra GT in Skyway