The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its called the Mustang Lust...
    nagiging Mustang Love na yata...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The 911 turbo although a special version of the 911 was not a limited edition made to fit the specs of a FIA racing series(DTM) the E30 M3 was made just for that one purpose. You also have to remember that the 1st gen M3 was a limited run while the 1st gen 911 Turbo(930) was made from 1975-1989 and other 911 models were made with the Turbo look. Parts for the M3 are not that hard to find because it is still being raced by enthusiast.

"Based on the 1986 E30 3-Series body, the first M3 was introduced with a 2.3 L S14 engine, derived from the M10 inline-4 block and the valve train and head architecture from BMWs M1 and later M6 inline-6 cylinder. One of the main reasons for production of the road car was to homologate the M3 for Group A Touring Car racing, as an answer to the "2.3-16V"-model of the Mercedes-Benz W201 which was introduced in 1983. A notable characteristic of the E30 M3 is its racing pedigree, campaigned by BMW as well as other racing teams including Prodrive and Schnitzer Motorsport.
    The first version produced 195 hp (143 kW) (catalyzed model). Not available to the North American market; following evolution models continued with 2.3 liters but adopted revised cam timing, increased compression along with the lack of a catalyst producing approximately 215 hp. Later the Sport Evolution model increased engine displacement too 2.5 L and produced 238 hp (175 kW). 786 cabriolets were also produced, all by hand in BMWs Garching plant, at the time the 215 Hp example was the world's fastest four seater convertible. The E30 M3 differed from the rest of the E30 line-up in many ways. The M3 was equipped with "box flared" fenders to accommodate a wider track with wider and taller wheels and tires. It also had three times the caster angle of any other E30. The M3 shared larger wheel bearings and front brake calipers with the E28 5-Series. To keep the car competitive in racing following homologation rules, homologation specials were produced. Homologation rules roughly stated that the Race version must reflect the street car aerodynamically and in engine displacement therefore improved models were periodically released for the public. Special editions and homologation specials include: the Evo I, Evo II and Sport Evo (AKA. Evo III) some of which featured less weight, improved aerodynamics, taller front fender arches (Sport evo; to further facilitate 18 inch wheels in DTM), Brake ducting, and more power."

"The M3 was (and is) a successful racer, winning the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft, European Touring Car Championship and even the one-off world title in 1987. The E30 M3 is also a multiple winner of Macau Grand Prix, 24 Hours Nürburgring and Spa 24 Hours."

Not to say that the Mustang is not a good car but unless you have a numbers matching GT350, GT500, Mach1, or Boss302 edition it won't hold the same value as the 1st gen M3 in the long run. Yes, you can enjoy the ride of the Mustang but you can do the same with the M3 and have a collectors car in the end. A homemade "Eleanor" is just that and not a true GT500 which means to a collector it's just another Mustang. I don't know if they show the Barrett-Jackson car auction in the Philippines but the resto-mod non-numbers matching cars do not sell well. I guess its safe to say that the 1st gen M3 is the "Eleanor" GT500 of the E30 models BMW.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Uy, tagal na ito ahhh... na-resurrect ulit!!!

I still love to have an E30M3. Mine was bought two years ago for Php 900 thousand by a real enthusiast who knows the historical importance of the E30M3 (1st generation). He has already installed various M3 after market parts.

As for my stang, well... it's so difficult to find a '65-'67 convertible nowadays in the country. An "A1" condition V8 '67 stang would still fetch about USD25,000.00 in the market. A recent local advert for a '65 convertible which is a 3-condition (1 being the highest and 5 the lowest) was still sold at Php 875,000.00 two weeks ago.

My stang has a stock exterior and interior but modernized engine, suspension, brakes, cooling, steering, and electrical systems.
    Last edited by woodfire; July 9th, 2006 at 03:02 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Picking between the two would be a hard decision for me to make. I guess I am lucky before we got married my wife aggreed to let me have my toys, i.e. cars, tech stuff, etc., as long as no girls are involved. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I don't like classic muscle cars. kahit pa 2 mustangs di ko ipagpapalit ang M3 mo sir woodfire, nakita ko na photos non dati.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sir turbo, now that I have my muscle car... gusto ko naman yung M3. Ahihi.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Car Swap: E30 M3 for 1967 Mustang GT