New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Is it okay to leave the car's engine and aircon running overnight? For example, nag-brownout and walang generator and sobrang init, and you decide to sleep in the car kasi all the chairs in the van can form a very long bed and may tv pa... Are there side effects?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    para ka lang siguro nag biyahe papunta North. hehehe...
    side effect siguro is bagsak FC mo that week. hahaha!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    idling for long periods of time is bad. it's best to avoid long idle periods, could be detrimental to the car's engine in the long run.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    carbon deposits on the valves, valve seats, exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe. build up of unburned HC in the cat. fowled spark plugs. plugged EGR valve. dirty oil due to carbon.

pinakamasama dyan pag naka-park ka sa area na stagnant ang air, yung pag bumalik yung usok sa air inlet ng ac, carbon monoxide poisoning. matigas ka na madaling araw pa lang.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ako nagawa ko na siya pero sa open garage at hindi full 8 hours. Maybe 4 coz I was pretty desperate. K lang naman dahil OK lang maintenance ko -- at least nakatulog ako kahit idlip lang.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mukhang ang dami mo pambili ng fuel sir ah...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    done that once when we attended a wake in bulacan last september.. natulog ako with my two kids from 11pm til 5am but i leave an inch opening on all windows para di naman kami masuffocate..

i know me side effects ito, but for me, gagawin ko ulit kung kelangan talaga.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    carbon deposits on the valves, valve seats, exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe. build up of unburned HC in the cat. fowled spark plugs. plugged EGR valve. dirty oil due to carbon.

pinakamasama dyan pag naka-park ka sa area na stagnant ang air, yung pag bumalik yung usok sa air inlet ng ac, carbon monoxide poisoning. matigas ka na madaling araw pa lang.
    sir what is the difference between an idling car and a running/moving car? yun mga sinabi mo problema bakit hindi mangyayari or less chance na mangyari sa running car?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Should be ok as long as you're in an open area. Carbon monoxide poisoning is probably the greatest of your concerns here.

Otherwise... Just think of it as being stuck in traffic for 8 hours. AFAIK some long-haul truckers in the US of A have their rigs running for as much as 48 hours non-stop! When they take a break (bed inside the big cab), engine is left on for A/C or heater.

We have a conversion van that comes with a power sofa/bed inside, TV, VCR and inverter. No problems idling for extended periods, but then it was probably designed that way.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    ive done that on our starex.. when we travelled to mindanao from here in manila. we had to sleep over night at liloan waiting for the RORO to surigao... had no choice but just to sleep in the van.. had the engine running frm the time we got there to the time the RORO arived.. i think 9pm to 5am.. one of the trips we took to mindanao,, i think i never turnd the engine off from the time we left manila to the time we got home in Initao,, our home town bout an hour from cagayan de or city.. i really felt sori for the starex. but it made it there and back with no problems.. and this dec 23,, wer planning to drive to mindanao again..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Car running overnight?