New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most of us are pretty sure it's a Telstar. Some of the details are unfamiliar to me, but the headlight shrouding and the tail-lights are unmistakable.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ford Telstar nga yan nagkaroon din kc kami dati ng ganyan tsikot pero yung liftback na model (digital gauges)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003

from cars-directory.net
    The Ford Telstar was an automobile sold by the Ford Motor Company in Asia, Australasia and Africa, comparable in size to the European Ford Sierra and the American Ford Tempo. It has been progressively replaced by the Ford Mondeo.

Like the smaller Ford Laser, the Telstar was in fact, based on a model produced by Mazda in Japan. It shared its platform with the Mazda Capella/626, the differences being confined to some styling, engine sizes, and specification. The first model (also known as the AR) was launched in 1983, replacing the Ford Cortina. Unlike the Cortina, or its Sierra successor, the Telstar was usually only available as a sedan or hatchback (known as the TX5). However, after 1988, a Telstar version of the 626 wagon was sold in Japan and New Zealand.
    Japan

In Japan, the Telstar was introduced in 1983 on the new front wheel drive Mazda GC platform. This model was replaced in 1987 with a refreshed version on the Mazda GD platform. A station wagon appeared in 1990 on the old GD-based GV platform, while the sedan was updated the next year with the newer GE platform. From 1994 through 1996, a special Telstar II was produced alongside the Japan-only Mazda Capella on the CG platform.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    That's a Ford Telstar! I remember that! It also came out as the Mazda 626 in some markets, in fact, I even saw one here abour more or less 3 years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Car ID