New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi sirs,

just a question po on car club sponsorship, how can you avail the sponsorship of some famous companies (like a-toy for bodykits and mickey's for car audio set-up) in your club, especially po pag bago palang ang club nyo? medyo nahihirapan po kasi kami. we don't know where to start.

pag ipapasponsor mo ang car mo for a car show, is the process similar as well?

thanks sirs! any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, it is best to first start with building your club activity and membership base. Just start with the club and build the camaraderie, contacts, knowledge on your rides and activities... it doesnt have to be a formal club with fees and a charter really (in fact i kinda go for the no money involved thing; nissanbayan was like that for sooo many years).

Nothing is free; from my experience before, we all chipped in our own time and resources to help with a fellow member's project car. When the club matured and established itself, thats when we got support from related parties who have approached us or those we have gotten to know over time (dealerships and some shops) but that still isn't entirely free; you can get discounts and some support but you still rely mainly on your own pockets and support from your fellow members.

If you really want to solicit sponsorship, then making a formal letter would do but still you need to back this up with the club's credentials.

In a nutshell, just enjoy your rides and the camaraderie... other things will follow.

My two cents.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Discounts come after the club has grown... mostly from members who also own shops, and friends of members... once your club has grown big enough to represent a marketing opportunity for shops and sellers, then, and only then, do the discount offers start coming in.

Show cars are mostly paid out of pocket or with a little support from the club (depends on how rich your clubmates are)... sponsorships for showcars usually come about only due to personal connections of the exhibitor, and even then, the guy fielding the show car has to put a lot out of pocket to get ready for the show.

Tama si Vinj... enjoy the camaraderie, try to grow, build connections, and enjoy the club. Discounts and other stuff will come, but in their own time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... as I know... there's no such thing as a free lunch. You can get a "sponsorship" in order to be at car shows but more often than not - you also have to shell out your own money as well.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks sirs! this really enlightened me alot on this matter. in short, discounts and offers don't come overnight

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by j-six View Post
    thanks sirs! this really enlightened me alot on this matter. in short, discounts and offers don't come overnight
    Siempre naman! Lahat yan ay tinatrabajo at hindi hands out.

Car club sponsorship