New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by hikoji View Post
    Hi,

Good thing I found this site Recently I was planning to buy my first car .. and I'm thinking that it would be nice to have a car with the lowest maintenance cost and easy to get spare parts. What would you guys recommend if those factors were to be considered.

And is it better to buy a brand new car than a 2nd hand car?

thank you very much ^^
    our family has 5 brands sa ngaun: Mitsu, Ford, Hyundai, Honda, Mazda

parehas lang po sa maint cost halos di naman nagkakalayo ang charging ng casa

pero avoid GM, Chevy and Suzuki. yan ang pinakagrabe managa na na-experience. thank god nabenta na namin mga yan.

kung base sa lima nabanngit ko, pinakamatipid ang maitenance ng

1. Hyundai
    2. Ford, Mazda
    3. Honda
    4. Mitsu -> isa pa ito grabe managa

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurusaki View Post
    OMG! Hyundai has 5 years warranty on their brand new vehicles, meaning 5 years of nothing but casa visits. I think it will be expensive. Is it a good thing or bad thing? Does we consumers get the best out of this deal? Experts, what do you think?

Sorry, a bit OT...
    eh talaga naman 5 years of casa visit, kung di mo vi-nisit eh di sayang warranty mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post

I use to think the same way as proponents of M/T having lower maintenance costs. But, my own experiences prove otherwise. Clutch replacements alone for M/T (Laser and Pulsar) over the years are enough to burn a hole in my pocket. Compare that to my Contour which still has its original transmission from 1994.

Even brake pad replacements show no big difference between M/T and A/T (looking at receipts for brake work among my cars)
    Please take note of where you live. In flood prone areas, a Mitusubishi Lancer Automatic with Sportec II transmission is a really bad idea. Ive read in other threads that it has 3 computer chips, which all break down at the same time when the car is run through flood. Each computer costs around P10k to replace, kaya in this sense, the manual would be cheaper.

Also, the way we drive can mean a lot to the transmission. No offense to anyone, but clutch drivers will really burn their Manual clutches much faster. An automatic may give them similar results to someone who isnt a clutch driver.

In agreeance to you though, I have never really heard of an automatic clutch replacement before. Perhaps I have seen too little automatic cars here, but maybe because it really waers off longer due to the very fast shifting times of an automatic.
    Last edited by webmiester; December 17th, 2007 at 04:54 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga chiefs....

jeep/cats edsa maganda din ba service?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    +1 ako sa comment ni bladerunner
    mas mahal pa maintenance sa casa ng lancer pizza pie namin kaysa sa hyndai SF namin
    pero ngayon ok na maintenance ng pizza pie namin running at 250,000 hehe no major problems pero pagnakaproblema magastos talaga kaya sa trusted mechanic ko nalang siya pinapagawa

after so much deliberation on my part, and examining all aspect to find a suitable replacement sa kakadespose ko lang na liteace, considering the factor din na DIY guy ako, may sarili kaming mekaniko, at very limited ang budget for repairs and resorations, including all projected maintenance and repairs that may arise pag wala na sa warranty, in my opinion, parang cheap ang ownership ng isuzu XTRM, at crosswind line...up to 2007 models.

kasi sa makina--although maingay siya than other models, lalo na sa korean CRDi at TDCi kasi pala--timing gear!

engine is mechanical in nature--no electronics here. robust reliable but far less efficient than its crdi counterparts, but it boast a good fuel milage according to owners, especially ung manual.

pang-ilalim--classic recriculating ball, torsion bar at leaf springs sa likod, daling kumpunuin...

at nalaman ko din na sa province pala malakas dealership ng isuzu....

anywayz, kung di appeal sayo ang AUV na yun,eto nalang--

KIA PRIDE 1.3L GTX manual transmission..

-kulang nalang sa sari-sari store mo bilhin ang piyesa
    -kahit sinong mekaniko kaya patakbuhin yan pag nagloko.
    -relatively newer than the AE92 and much cheaper to own
    -parts, nakow mura, original pa, pwede japanese(its a mazda121 /ford festiva), korean.
    -wag ka lang kuha ng matic-takaw gas at mabagal.. pag GTX 1.3L manual, sandali lang ang 160kph...
    -dont be fooled, maluwag din kahit paano sa loob at sa boot(trunk) ang pride than sa ae92..downside lang is mataas center of gravity, hinay hinay lang sa cornering.
    -uy, may kia pride club owners ha....at most of them are ford festiva-look prides...

kung low maintenance habol mo, alwayz remember na stay away from the SUVs, cSUV, executive saloons(medium size cars), at luxury cars.

compacts, AUVs, sub-compacts have more parts circulating that those in the upper level cars.

ayan yan ang pinaka lowest maintenance na sasakyan na alam ko.

hi-lander or crosswind series or any of the prides (especially GTX 1.3L manual, better kung 1998 mode up to its last na 2004 ata..but dont get a matic--we have a matic and takaw sa gas..)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Also, the way we drive can mean a lot to the transmission. No offense to anyone, but clutch drivers will really burn their Manual clutches much faster. An automatic may give them similar results to someone who isnt a clutch driver.

In agreeance to you though, I have never really heard of an automatic clutch replacement before. Perhaps I have seen too little automatic cars here, but maybe because it really waers off longer due to the very fast shifting times of an automatic.
    Actually, an A/T shifts slower which is why it has a stigma of not being as efficient as a M/T. That's why the 0-60 mph times of my 1995 2.5 V6 Ford Contour differ so much between the A/T and M/T. The M/T version has a 0-60 mph time of 7.5 sec while the A/T version has a 0-60 mph of 8.7 sec. Big difference. But, one bright side of the A/T version is that it's a lot less prone to abuse. That A/T simply won't let you. Even those A/T with manumatic (like my 2006 Sonata) auto shifts in manual mode if the rpm limit is reached.

Maybe my Ford Contour is a fluke. Then again, it is European in origin, not US (Contour in USA aka Ford Mondeo elsewhere). I'm quite happy with it's relatively low maintenance costs over 13 years.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 17th, 2007 at 09:02 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Car Brand with the lowest maintenance cost :)