New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurusaki View Post
    OMG! Hyundai has 5 years warranty on their brand new vehicles, meaning 5 years of nothing but casa visits. I think it will be expensive. Is it a good thing or bad thing? Does we consumers get the best out of this deal? Experts, what do you think?

Sorry, a bit OT...
    Peace of mind for ur CRDi engines. Good or bad deal? Only time can tell.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go for toyota or lancer .... marami parts available at di mahirap i-maintain

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurusaki View Post
    OMG! Hyundai has 5 years warranty on their brand new vehicles, meaning 5 years of nothing but casa visits. I think it will be expensive. Is it a good thing or bad thing? Does we consumers get the best out of this deal? Experts, what do you think?

Sorry, a bit OT...
    Check out the mileage. Its not 5 years unlimited mileage warranty. Mababa lang yung mileage na binibigay nila. I cant remember the exact number, but do check it out.

A Hyundai dealer told me that although the mileage on their warranty isnt very high, very few people actually achieve such a mileage due to city traffic conditions.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Check out the mileage. Its not 5 years unlimited mileage warranty. Mababa lang yung mileage na binibigay nila. I cant remember the exact number, but do check it out.

A Hyundai dealer told me that although the mileage on their warranty isnt very high, very few people actually achieve such a mileage due to city traffic conditions.
    True, 100,000 Km is quite realistic for 5 years of personal use.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Aside from the make, the year of the model is highly significant. There are models which are "lemons". Such was the case of our Lancer singkit before, ang daming problema! Pero my lancer pizza pie naman, halos wala.

Same goes for the Civic, meron daw model na masirain talaga and there was a model na halos maintenance free.

We have a Lancer Pizza pie and a Corolla Love Life. The Corolla Love Life has lower maintenance cost daw sabi ng mom ko... Pero I think magkaiba rin kasi use namin ng 2 yun kaya its a little hard to compare.

Pls factor in fuel consumption sa maintenance costs. Our Toyota Love Life seems to have much better fuel consumption compared to our Lancer Pizza Pie.

Sa diesels, you get to save on fuel costs, but the more frequent oil changes makes the cost almost the same as gasoline fed cars. For diesels, I dont recommend going for a Toyota.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Consider an suzuki alto. Very low acquisition cost (P360K) and very low maintenance cost. First checkup 5,000kms - free parts and labor. next checkup 10,000kms less than P2,000 next check up every 10000kms
    expected cost less than P2000. The alto is new, so parts may still be a problem. But judging from the track record of the samurai and vitara the original parts are one of the cheapest among car brands.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    FORD also known as: Found On Road Dead

Bro.,- ang dinig ko ay First On Repair Daily..... :peace:

4808:santa:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro.,- based on my experience, ang Mitsubishi Lancer series,- mura lang i-maintain..... mula boxtype hanggang sa pizza pie... Pero, I don't own a Mitsubishi vehicle nowadays....

MITSUBISHI - Mitsu Is Truly Superb Unquestionably Beautiful Inspiring Showcase of High Innovation.... Original ko iyan.... hehehe...

4808:santa:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Our 2006 3.3 V6 Hyundai Sonata is on its 2.5 year mark. So far, the only maintenance costs has been the annual tune ups. Oil changes are free and a recall fix for the driver side seatbelt harness was done free of charge.

The 1995 2.5 V6 Ford Contour SE (aka Mondeo) has had regular maintenance thoughout its life thus far. Its A/T underwent mainly ATF change. No repairs yet. It's 2.5L Duratec V6 supposedly don't need a tuneup until 100,000 miles (right now, its at 81,000 miles). Of course, I'm a non-believer. So it undergoes a yearly tune up. It had some repairs to its electrical system. But, overall, maintenance costs have been fairly low, esp considering Ford's reputation.

I use to think the same way as proponents of M/T having lower maintenance costs. But, my own experiences prove otherwise. Clutch replacements alone for M/T (Laser and Pulsar) over the years are enough to burn a hole in my pocket. Compare that to my Contour which still has its original transmission from 1994.

Even brake pad replacements show no big difference between M/T and A/T (looking at receipts for brake work among my cars)
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 13th, 2007 at 11:35 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hikoji View Post
    Hi,

Good thing I found this site Recently I was planning to buy my first car .. and I'm thinking that it would be nice to have a car with the lowest maintenance cost and easy to get spare parts. What would you guys recommend if those factors were to be considered.

And is it better to buy a brand new car than a 2nd hand car?

thank you very much ^^
    Toyota Vios.

Regular maintenance from 1900 to 4000 (kung kailangan palitan ng spark plugs). Kung di naman 1900 lang max kung regular oil.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Car Brand with the lowest maintenance cost :)