New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Went up there (via Marcos hway) last 2006 using a Lancer MX with the sportronic transmission (automatic, but you have the option to manually override + or -) with just one luggage and my wife.

Going up is easy but after the famous underpass,the road goes up on a steady incline like more than 1km and the lancer stayed on 2nd gear even if I floor the accelerator. My speed I think was just a steady 30kph on that long incline and the auto transmission decided to stay on 2nd gear. Shifted the gear lever to the left and manually shifted down to - and was able to go down to 1st gear and got some momentum then shifted manually again till third gear then went back to auto.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by overboost View Post
    Went up there (via Marcos hway) last 2006 using a Lancer MX with the sportronic transmission (automatic, but you have the option to manually override + or -) with just one luggage and my wife.

Going up is easy but after the famous underpass,the road goes up on a steady incline like more than 1km and the lancer stayed on 2nd gear even if I floor the accelerator. My speed I think was just a steady 30kph on that long incline and the auto transmission decided to stay on 2nd gear. Shifted the gear lever to the left and manually shifted down to - and was able to go down to 1st gear and got some momentum then shifted manually again till third gear then went back to auto.
    i'm not familiar with your transmission, though i used lancer glxi (itlog) automatic before. what i know the a/t tramission is controlled also by the car's cpu. it computed your push on gas pedal and the speed the car should be. so kung paakyat ang car the tendency aapakan mo gas to add power, dahil paakyat hirap ang car. the cpu will assume na uphill nga so it will go to the right gear.
    kaya yung sa akin para hindi na mahirapan ang magisip ang car i just put my lever to drive 2 or 3

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eyshmechanic View Post
    i'm not familiar with your transmission, though i used lancer glxi (itlog) automatic before. what i know the a/t tramission is controlled also by the car's cpu. it computed your push on gas pedal and the speed the car should be. so kung paakyat ang car the tendency aapakan mo gas to add power, dahil paakyat hirap ang car. the cpu will assume na uphill nga so it will go to the right gear.
    kaya yung sa akin para hindi na mahirapan ang magisip ang car i just put my lever to drive 2 or 3
    Thats what I know also but it wont go down to 1st gear no matter how hard I floor the accelerator. The cars computer maybe enjoying the cool climate , But it maybe also suggesting something like "hey use the sportronic feature you idiot".

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Can You Take your new ride To Baguio?