New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlimit View Post
    If you want an ultimate test to your ride, ibiyahe nyo ng Manila to Mindanao..via Atimonan Quezon's Bitukang Manok to test the uphill climbing capability, sakay nyo ng Ferry boat sa Matnog Sorsogon..take the rough roads and potholes of Samar..take the long winding roads of Southern Leyte..another ferry boat from Liloan Leyte to Surigao..and cruise the mountainous stretch to Davao... Twice ko na ginawa ito with my Pajero.
    How many days does one need to do a Manila - Davao - Manila ?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i didn't even know you could go to Sagada in a sedan now...

i've always wanted to go back to Sagada but i don't want to take the bus.

would it be too damaging to our 8-month old Mazda3 to take it to Sagada? i don't want to risk using our old Mazda 626 baka bumigay yung makina somewhere...

BTW i've driven to Baguio three times with the 626, which has a damaged sensor limiting it to 2500rpm. Kaya naman... di lang maka overtake sa trucks minsan (due to the damaged sensor). Never overheated or anything.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    How many days does one need to do a Manila - Davao - Manila ?

It depends on the schedule of the Ferry boats...our trip took us 36 hours from Manila to Davao, with occasional stops (eat, restrooms, gas fill), may reliever driver kasama.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    City driving sa Baguio is a good test din...talagang gamit ka ng handbreak...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    wala yatang masyadong gumagamit ng naguilian.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    Kasi naman that road's a bit too far north. Pero going to/from northern La Union, that's the quickest route.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    from manila... if you're on a pleasure trip mode and not caring on the additional 1 hour travel time/FC then its a good route

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlimit View Post
    DonT...I think the best test would be Manila - Banawe - Sagada - Baguio - Manila. Kinaya ng 6 yr old Honda sedan ko yan. It was in the month of May kaya may kasama pang konting floods, mud, rain.

If you want an ultimate test to your ride, ibiyahe nyo ng Manila to Mindanao..via Atimonan Quezon's Bitukang Manok to test the uphill climbing capability, sakay nyo ng Ferry boat sa Matnog Sorsogon..take the rough roads and potholes of Samar..take the long winding roads of Southern Leyte..another ferry boat from Liloan Leyte to Surigao..and cruise the mountainous stretch to Davao... Twice ko na ginawa ito with my Pajero.

Gagawin sana namin yan land travel to davao from manila kaso ayaw i approve ng amo ko, sayang.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I've taken both cars of mine on a long haul trip to San Francisco from Los Angeles and back, up the Grapevine and through the flats of I-5, and on the twisty roads of Gilroy and the steep ones in SF. Total distance would be around 2000km plus, combined, for both trips.

For sure I can take them to Baguio no problems. One of them is 18 years old and the other just turned 25 too.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ive been in baguio for several times and my rides are;

MB 190e 1985 sarap i-drive ang benz lakas ng torque.

Kia Pregio 2.7 GS, 4x ko na dinala sa baguio 3x sa kennon at 1x sa marcos with my family - 10 passengers, the van never get overheated as others say.

anyway kind of vehicles are candidate sa overheating kung hindi maganda ang cooling system. I like my pregio even its only has decent power pero yung comfortability and space mas maganda pa sa hi-ace. Im a tall person kaya swak sa akin ang pregio, my sister bought grandia pero ang sikip para sa akin ang driver seat tumatama ang siko ko sa window.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Can You Take your new ride To Baguio?