New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Hello po sa lahat...
    Bago lang po ako dito. Ako po si Dennis F. Vinluan, I'm only 19 I hardly know about cars but im planning to buy a Hyundai Coupe 1998. one of my Dad's friend told him that wala daw spare parts na nabibili dito sa Pinas yung Hyundai Coupe tsaka mahirap daw ang maintenance.... Is that true po? May mabibili po bang mga spare parts dito sa Pilipinas para sa Hyundai Coupe? pls email me at densio87*yahoo.com...
    Thank You Guys.......

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ewan lang kung meron na sa Banawe shops. Check mo muna. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama, check mo sa banawe o kaya sa evangelista.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    merun naman hyundai casa dito...but it might cost a bit.

why not get a different car instead? you should have seen how top gear show lambasted the hyundai coupe - "no real bloke would dare seat (not drive) on it even..."

if you're on a budget get a japanese car...if you don't care about the cost, get a BMW or a german car or french car (206?!).

why not a lancer gsr?ung 2 door coupe..early models have manual tranny, late models have the invecs2-sports in them...

un ok na for a guy like you..how about compact sedans(corolla,civic,lancer,etc.)?

daming options...wag la maglimit sa isang model lang....

nga pala, magkano budget for you?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm,..read top gear this month.the coupe is one of the most underrated car.according to them, it's very good naman daw.

dont know about the parts.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    top gear guys stated that the current hyundai coupe is the only korean car they like. maybe its the old hyundai coupe like the one stated here thats crap.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or how about a mitsubishi eclipse, better than the hyundai coupe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd seriously think twice getting a '98 hyundai coupe. Try to look for other brands/models, wag magmadali sa pagpili

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Before you form your own opinion, check how much the casa charges for parts such as cv joints, ball bearings, shocks/springs and clutch kits/brake kits. Also try aftermarket suppliers. I'm pretty sure that parts ARE available, it's just the prices that might be a problem.

As for the car itself, it's fairly reliable, and a spirited drive. A friend used to own one, and he loved the car. He had to sell it to get a bigger one for his family, though. Still, seven years on and it could still hit 200kmh.

But if we're talking first car here, it might be a bit too fast. Might want to consider a more common car, because you'll be repairing a lot of "gasgas" in the first year of driving.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Can you give me an advice?