New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah, what's with the letter of the month bitchin about the photos in C?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    pu*etang foreigner yun. di naman siya pinipilit bumili ng C! a. bwiset ang yabang pa. kesyo gusto daw nya e exotic car ang bibilhin nya.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    bwiset nga... hahaha... inaasar yata ako ni james deakin dun! hehehe... :D

well, it depends siguro on the number of articles.

i scanned mine last night. the reviews are looking better IMHO. another fun part is the feature car... complete with a centerfold!!!

though that is one ugly centerfold (the 1 series).

andun rin si ian_rex... nasa next page siya... a letter about JDM imports.

btw, i know how you also feel about this. can we compose a group letter about the miracle fuel saving devices out there in the market? on the need for a long-term test for this kind of devices?
    sige, game ako sa suggestion mo mazda

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    would also like to add the awareness on NOx emmission. from the looks of it, our gov't is only concerned right now about HC, CO & CO2 emmissions.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    niky the camera work of C! isn't that good. Shots that werent done by the Kai fellow looks amateurish. It's like they just transfered the photos from their CF card directly onto their layout software without photoshoping it a bit to make corrections. That Belgian fellow hit it right on the head when he mentioned about it. I dont agree with the Belgian fellow though that C! should be more like EVO magazine. C! one of the few mags who has reviews that are relevant to the local market. Heck that's why I read C! If they start making it high end I'll start reading other magazines for just that.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, not all the photos can be perfect, but they still take some swell shots... you can tell that they're like C&D... risking life and limb to get good angles. :p

On the other hand, in the current issue of top gear, some of the pictures exhibit the bane of REV... pixellation... plus there aren't that many 'money' shots being taken by the local staff... given time, I guess, they'll be better, but not yet.

Yes, we should have that damn group letter.
    Last edited by niky; October 11th, 2004 at 04:17 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    The photos arent perfect that's why there's photoshop to correct them. Either natamad sila, didnt have the talent in their stable or dont have time to do it. If C! hopes to become an international mag with a pinoy perspective they have to match or exceed regional competition. Some of the risky shots arent that risky at all. Most of the time it's just camera tricks that convey "speed" and "danger" anyone with cam w/ manual mode could duplicate it. Top Gear has the problem of using stock photography. This is just me but if there's access to a real model here in hte Philippines then they should take a photo of that. Top Gear's a new mag so give them time to get a hang on things. C!'s been here for years already and should really try to improve on the photography. I like how they've improved on the writing in the sense that they're getting more bold every month.

Anyone notice the blooper on the cover page and page 64-65?

I particularly like this particular issue because of K. Ramrez's article concerning driving in Europe. His description gives me something to dream about on local roads if only people followed rules and those in authority enforce it.

I really really love the side comment of K. Limjoco on those who got a BMW 318i M-Sport. I was really surprised it was allowed to be printed seeming daring statements like this rarely get to see print space at all. I totally agree with Limjoco's statement that "... making the car appear like waht it isn't - you're only fooling yourself".

I always wondered why BMW Phil allowed the M-Sport thing to come about. It only dilutes & lowers the brand of the M series by doing this gimmick.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Anytime you stick a quarter-million peso camera out of a car window, I consider that risky... ...LOL. :p Either way, I hope we see improvements in the photo department... C! is finally getting serious again.

Yah... I noticed the M-Sport comment, too!

Well, props must be given to Kevin for actually finding something unflattering to say about BMW... IMHO, BMW really caters to a rich market, and to the wannabe rich... which is why they offer M-Sport 318s... and why there are so many 316s on the road. It's BMW's marketing plan, I guess, to extend ownership and bragging rights downward. Ok lang sana if it were just a body-kit and mag upgrade, but the M-badging is laying it on just a bit too thick.

Not that I could even afford to own a 318, but, oh well.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    niky they use an entry level Canon EOS 300D in most of their shots. not exactly quarter of a million. At most they put about 100 grand at risk. they drive very slowly when they take those risky shots. ever notice that they're always alone in the road when they take most shots? i think they do their work in the cemetery in the fort. i'd put it down to plain carelessness if they ever drop or bang up the camera.

I heard from a friend that the 316 and the 318 will be phased out to make room for the 116 and 118 next year. The new entry level 3 series would be the 320/325. I think it's a splendid idea seeming owning a BMW doesn't appear that "prestigious" anymore as almost 50% of european cars you see on the road are BMWs and the bulk of those are the low end 3 series. If I were to spend 2M+ on a car I expect to be one of the few that has one. That's just me.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... whatever you may say about the focus, I like their composition... but that's just me... I've been looking through some old issues, and I do notice a lot of blurring and off-focus shots, but given that these are mostly moving shots, I'm more willing to forgive... I know how hard it is... particularly when the weather forces you to use longer exposures.

We'll see... it's still better than any other locals... that's for sure... but you're right, not nearly up to par with the internationals... but then, you mentioned C! being around for a couple of years... the internationals have been at this for decades! LOL!

The Beemer problem is not unlike the EVO problem... It kinda sucks paying almost 3million for a car that looks like something you could get at Banaue... at least the new Evos are hard to imitate, as the new Lancers have a different body shape.

If they do bring in the 1-series... I hope they bring in the 2.0 diesel... that would be the 1 for me. :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
C! October Issue Now Available!