New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hihi naging "how to assassinate someone in an armored car" thread to ah :evillaugh

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    while watching the news on channel 2, they featured a newest way to coat the glass of your car making them bullet proof, it'll cost you 50,000-70,000 not bad=)

they did several test as featured the glass didnt shatter, theres this glue like mkaterial that holds them...
    There really isn't such a thing as a bulletproof glass, all are just bullet resistant. At the monment the US military is looking at using a strike plake made of aluminium oxynitride which is lighter than currently used methods of bullet resistant glass. Check out this linkhttp://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot6.htm that shows 12 gauge slug going through a bullet resistant glass.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yep, a 12 guage slug will go through a lot of things. And you are correct that there is no such thing as bullet proof, the correct termm is bullet resistant.

I actually inquired about the possibility of distributing a so called bullet reistant laminate. After several long emails, the manufacturer admitted that their product will not stop bullets when installed on car glass. The reason being that the laminate needs to be applied to at least 1/2 or 1 inch glass (I forgot which on as it was years ago) to become bullet resistant. Car glass is only about 1/4 inch or less. However, they claimed that it does resist bullets from .22 to .357 and 12 guage buckshot when applied to the appropriate glass thickness. Was not able to test for myself though.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Well If You Think You Need Bulletproof Well Thats Good/ But Kung Wala K Lng Magawa And You Just Need To Have A Bulletproof Car Okey Din Siguradong Magandang Yan Car N Yan. Kung Ngets Its Not Worth It Wala Naman Cacarnap Eh. Kidding Aside. Im Interested Sa Run Flat Lng. At Least I Can Get Away Easily Pag Me Nangharang

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    May nakita akong bagong company offering bullet proof laminates ata yun. I think it's imported from the U.S.

Ace Security Laminates
    892 3801
    817 1926
    local 510 (Beth ata yung in charge)

The office is just located along Amorsolo St, Makati City.

I think with CTK, Inc.... ang bullet proof nila ay yung window itself, right?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Those laminates cannot substitute for real transparent armor. Period.

http://www.usace.com/

ACE/Security Laminates™
    Are Not Bullet, Bomb or Break-in Proof
    ACE/Security Laminates™ does not pretend that its products are bullet, bomb or break-in proof. There is no such safety film or security laminate on the market.
    Last edited by OTEP; September 14th, 2006 at 11:47 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And when selecting an armored vehicle, try to choose one that has at least some craftsmanship and quality in it. Got this from AI:

External View

The most graceful way of installing transparent armor. Just slap it on top of the standard glass!

How about overlap armor with exposed mounting hardware? The overlap armor does not even run on the sides of the ceiling. A potenial weak area.

Are the windshield and front windows even armored?

Maybe this is one of the less expensive models. I wonder what company made this mess? I don't even want to know if they armored the floor, roof and rear glass. hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    although the effectivity of the laminate is not that desirable, it offers a small degree of protection. Especially for those who frequently withdraw large sums of cash from the bank, wherein holdupers usually shoot you right away w/o declaring a holdup first like what happened last week to the junk shop owner and his niece. it also might give drivers a chance to get away from carjackers (as long as pistols lang ang dala).

the laminate is more effective when its sandwiched between layers of glass (glass, laminate, glass, laminate, glass, and so on.) a friend sent me a 4'x5' panel from a closed pawn shop in the us (he got it for free), it's an inch thick consisting of 6 glass, 5 film laminates. takes 6 people to lift it.

only thing is, when the laminates become popular, the holdupers will just shoot you through the door!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the laminate is more effective when its sandwiched between layers of glass
    Ballistics glass na iyan talaga kung ganyan ang layout sir. hehehe. Basta maganda ang bonding between layers.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    wow...what a lousy job. baka pag na-ambush yan, those parts would be the first to get detached and hit anyone inside the car.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
bullet proof cars anyone?