New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hello to all tsikoteer
    Talaga bang kailangan na i break-in ang bagong adventure o alinmang sasakyan na bago? ano anong mga advantages and disadvantages kung gagawin o hindi ang break-in? ano ba ang tamang pag bebreak-in ng isang bagong sasakyan?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I-break in mo na lang, para sigurado. Many would argue na di na kelangan ang break in, kasi they use better materials tsaka yung mga components are machined to more exact measurements, pero that does not negate the need to allow the rings to properly seat. Besides, why would car manufacturers include break-in sa owner's manuals nila pag di na kelangan. BTW, refer ka na lang sa owner's manual for the break-in process/period . Disadvantages? It will take patience and discipline...wala ako nyan . Have fun and congratulations on your new car.
    Last edited by wren; January 4th, 2006 at 07:40 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ilan dapat yung kelangan takbuhin for break-in? Kasi kami, dinala namin yung CR-V sa province for break-in. Nakakalito kasi ako. Sabi ng bro-in-law ko, sa city ko muna idrive yung CR-V. May nagsasabi naman na ibreak in namin papuntang province (yung speed hindi dapat lalagpas ng 80kph).

Yung bro-in-law ko na nagsabi sakin niyan, bumili ng Sorento. Ayaw niya dalhin sa prov kasi ibebreak-in daw muna niya dito sa Metro Manila for 1000km bago iuwi sa Dagupan. Yun din sabi niya samin nung July. Dapat naka 1,000km yung takbo ng CR-V bago namin dinala sa Dagupan.

Ano ba talaga kuya?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Ang alam ko it does not matter kung city or highway driving, the point is that you go easy on the gas, and drive casually, in other words, no spirited driving.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    depende siguro sa kotse, pero here's mine (Forester XT owner's manual)

The performance and long life of your vehicle are dependent on how you handle and care for your vehicle while it is new. Follow these instructions during the first 1,000 miles (1,600km):

-do not race the engine, and do not allow engine speed to exceed 4,000rpm except in an emergency.
    -do not drive at one constant engine or vehicle speed for a long time, either fast or slow.
    -avoid starting suddenly and rapid acceleration, except in an emergency.
    -avoid hard braking, except in an emergency.

like i said, it takes patience and discipline.

IMO mas maganda sigurong mag-break in sa highway kasi nako-control mo yung engine or vehicle speed, whereas sa city, pag na-stuck ka sa traffic, you'd be in idle forever.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    I-break in mo na lang, para sigurado. Many would argue na di na kelangan ang break in, kasi they use better materials tsaka yung mga components are machined to more exact measurements, pero that does not negate the need to allow the rings to properly seat. Besides, why would car manufacturers include break-in sa owner's manuals nila pag di na kelangan. BTW, refer ka na lang sa owner's manual for the break-in process/period . Disadvantages? It will take patience and discipline...wala ako nyan . Have fun and congratulations on your new car.
    I checked the owners manual ng 1999 honda accord and it say's
    [SIZE=2]Break-in Period
    Help assure your car's future reliability and performance by paying extra attention to how you drive during the first 600 miles ( 1000 km )
    During this period
    Avoid full-throttle starts and rapid accelaration.

Avoid hard braking. New brakes need to be broken by moderate use for the first 200 miles ( 300 km )[/SIZE]
    You should follow these same recommendations with an overhauled or exchanged engine, or when the brakes are relined.

wala ng ibang sinasabi tungkol sa tamang speed na dapat mong gawin. palagay ko it does'nt matter kung city o long driving ang gagwin ng isang new car owner. What do you think guy's?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, it doesn't matter where you drive your car, or how fast you drive your car as long as you don't exceed 4000rpm.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think nasa manual ang break in procedures, but basically tama sinabi ni FXT.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    depende siguro sa kotse, pero here's mine (Forester XT owner's manual)

The performance and long life of your vehicle are dependent on how you handle and care for your vehicle while it is new. Follow these instructions during the first 1,000 miles (1,600km):

-do not race the engine, and do not allow engine speed to exceed 4,000rpm except in an emergency.
    -do not drive at one constant engine or vehicle speed for a long time, either fast or slow.
    -avoid starting suddenly and rapid acceleration, except in an emergency.
    -avoid hard braking, except in an emergency.

like i said, it takes patience and discipline.

IMO mas maganda sigurong mag-break in sa highway kasi nako-control mo yung engine or vehicle speed, whereas sa city, pag na-stuck ka sa traffic, you'd be in idle forever.
    Tama 'tong nasa manual ng Forester. You should check with your car's manual kung gano katagal break-in period nila. Dati standard among Japanese vehicles na yung 1st 1000 kms ang break-in pero sa iba like here with the Forester 1500 or 1600 kms ang break-in.
    It doesn't matter whether city or highway driving ang gawin mo basta the key is not to stress the engine too much at this point. Ako pag nagbebreak-in ng auto, I don't bring it to Baguio or other places na paakyat para di mapwersa yung makina. Napaisip tuloy ako, pano kung taga-Baguio ka tapos bumili ka ng bagong auto?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The reason some people don't like doing provincial runs for break-in is that they figure long-running may be too stressful. Also, long highway drives keep you at one engine speed for a long time. But if you vary your speed and take rest stops along the way, it's okay lang naman.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Break-in a New Car