New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I prefer black for my car - if available. But, my commander rules!

Do we have stats here?

--------------------------------
    Black cars most likely
    to crash, says study
    Agence France-Presse

SYDNEY, Australia - Black cars are the most likely to be involved in a crash, simply because they are less visible than white vehicles, according to Australian research released Friday.

The survey found that the lighter the color, the better. White was the safest color while cream, yellow and beige autos are also less likely to be involved in collisions.

The Monash University study found that black cars had a 12 percent greater risk of crashing than white cars.

Grey vehicles had a 11 percent higher risk than white cars while silver motors had a 10 percent greater risk. Red, blue and maroon vehicles had a seven percent higher risk.

"It seems to conform to the visibility spectrum but also the contrast of the vehicles to the road environment," Stuart Newstead, of Monash's Accident Research Centre, told AFP.

Newstead said the surprise was silver, which despite the assumption it would be similar to white, blended in to the environment -- particularly in bad weather.

Officials said that while a car's paint job did have some impact on accidents, it was a minor factor compared to other considerations.

"Driving a darker colored car can increase your crash risk, but that is nowhere near as influential a factor as your driving behaviour," said Soames Job of the New South Wales Road Transport Authority.

http://ruby.inquirer.net/roadtrip/di...=0608news2.php

:eat: [SIZE="1"]3015[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; June 9th, 2007 at 07:12 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Meron akong nabasang article dati, red cars daw yung pinaka maraming accidents but its not because of the car color. Its because of the personality of the people buying them.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have a black car, sabi nung friend ko mas mataas daw insurance pag black compared to silver, I don't know if this is true. Diko tinananong insurance co. ko. Gusto ko black, gusto rin ng esmi ko so ok!

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    mas madalas raw iputan ng ibon ang dark cars according to a science tv show i watched ..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    baka sa aussies lang yan applicable

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
    mas madalas raw iputan ng ibon ang dark cars according to a science tv show i watched ..
    mukha kasing lupa siguro..hehehe..lalo na siguro kung brown yung auto?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hehe parang tutuo ung mga bird iniiputan mga black cars, from experience hehehehe

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by syler View Post
    hehe parang tutuo ung mga bird iniiputan mga black cars, from experience hehehehe
    kaya dapat e palagi kang may QD at soft tissue pampahid. hehehe...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    nag-study din kaya sila na white cars are also most likely to crash during winter times

------

out of all the cars my dad owned since the 70's, sabi niya sa silver elegant-looking car pa sya minamalas at na-total wreck. siya pa binangga

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Winter time for the Philippine? May winter ba dito sa Pinas?

Black cars most likely to crash, says study