New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Any nominees for the two categories?? This is also helpful for those who are planning to travel.

OT: Kelan ba minandate ng LTFRB na lahat ng mga taxis ay kulay puti? Otherwise, it would be bizzare to see a Silver Toyota Vios J or a Blue Hyundai Accent taxi beside us.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Any nominees for the two categories?? This is also helpful for those who are planning to travel.

OT: Kelan ba minandate ng LTFRB na lahat ng mga taxis ay kulay puti? Otherwise, it would be bizzare to see a Silver Toyota Vios J or a Blue Hyundai Accent taxi beside us.
    IMO if you really want to be "segurista", sakyan mo na taxi yung may kakababang pasahero din at hindi mukhang naholdap.

Wala sa lugar eh, sa taxi driver na nakasakay yan eh. I might be wrong though kung may common na lugar na tambayan ng mga manloloko na taxi drivers.

Pero sa Dec, siguradong mga airports taxi driver nagpaparamdam or malakas loob humingi ng pang-xmas daw. hehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hard to say what location is preferred by criminal taxi elements. However, i do remember that Ortigas had such a reputation a couple years back.

When getting taxis, especially late at night, I select those driven by slightly older men with slight frames. Lesser chance they're criminals, and if they are, I could at least fight them. Tough luck for me though if they turned out to be some old jeet kune do master

I also immediately dictate the route to take and have my phone ready to send the taxi plate number, and taxi name, and car make to my wife. If the driver refuses to use the route I mention, I get off on the nearest lighted and peopled area, oftentimes feigning not having enough money or something like that.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    Hard to say what location is preferred by criminal taxi elements. However, i do remember that Ortigas had such a reputation a couple years back.

When getting taxis, especially late at night, I select those driven by slightly older men with slight frames. Lesser chance they're criminals, and if they are, I could at least fight them. Tough luck for me though if they turned out to be some old jeet kune do master

I also immediately dictate the route to take and have my phone ready to send the taxi plate number, and taxi name, and car make to my wife. If the driver refuses to use the route I mention, I get off on the nearest lighted and peopled area, oftentimes feigning not having enough money or something like that.
    +1, if he won't follow the route you laid or if biglang nag-isip nang irarason kung bakit may re-route kayong gagawin, bumaba ka na, malamang may kasabyat na yan sa unahan.

Better safe than sorry ika nga. Nung student palang ako, ballpen lagi ko hawak kapag alanganing oras tapos sa likod niya ako banda. Makaganti man lang if ever.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Before muntik na ko mapahamak dahil sa taxi driver. Ever since nangyari yun taxi drivers na lolo na lang pinapara ko. Di bale nang mabagal magdrive at least kayang-kaya kong takasan if may balak gawing masama sa akin.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I tend to hail those known taxis such as MGE, R&E, RENO, DOLLAR and the like since they're less likely criminals.

I'm having doubts kasi riding in an old beaten up taxi with an unknown company name especially if the driver looks like a criminal and if i'm quite unsure of the place.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Another thing to watch out for is a driver who is constantly texting while driving. Whenever i ride a cab and I notice the driver texting frantically, i ask to be let off. First, if he's not a criminal, it's still dangerous because his attention is not ont he road. Second, if he is a criminal, he might be texting where he is and where they could rendevouz to hit me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Davao City is the best place! You'll be safe. Takot lang ni kay Digong.

Best and Worst places in the Philippines to take a taxi??