New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malapit na ang holy week and would want to speed some quality time with the family on a short vacation (3-4 days). What would you guys recommend? Any exotic but nearby places to go to? Nature trails? Of course, need to bring along the trusty car or van along (wala po akong 4x4 e).

Pls also categorize in terms of 1)affordability, 2)lodging, 3)overall impact (1-*star to 5-star,highest). Pls also dont limit to the high-end only, pwede rin yung mga short trips, cheap thrills (eg Tiger Safari in Calatagan).

My bets
    1. Vigan/Baguio cultural trip- affordable but quite a long road trip (500-600km oneway), many lodging areas, many nature photostops; 4****

2. Infanta/Real beaches - commune with nature/beaches (approx 125 km, quite near, few lodgings but can be cheap, 3***

3. Puerto Galera - White beach; you can actually bring along your car with you on the ferry (less than 1000 yata ang pamasahe ng kotse), can be affordable but minimal amenities unless you're all beach bums, then you can manage, 3***

4. Lobo, Batangas beaches - havent been here, this is the least-tread town with many good beaches (daw), want to check this out. Have any of you guys been here. I think this is a further 30kms past Batangas City.

5. Albay/Sorsogon route - havent been here either, but will try for the pleasure of seeing mayon volcano and the whales.

What do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the best will be in Batangas. short drive (which is better for the kids para hindi sila mainip and mapagod).

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir, if you would decide on batangas, you could try laiya.. its at san juan, batangas.. hmm.. about 2-3hour trip from makati.. my bro tells me its better than matabungkay, comparable to puerto azul (maybe better pa). happy hunting!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    yup ok sa laia, di pa gaanong puntahan ng tao... although di pa ko nag swim dun kasi i went there for climbing (mt. daguldol), pero ok yung beach.:D

kung gusto mo ng malayo, go for bicol/sorsogon... yun nga lang last time i drove there pangit ang daan dun sa bagong highway.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    yung laia sa san juan cguro mga 3*** inaayos ata ang daan so ok nasa mga kotse yung,malinis ang beach and di talaga puntahan ng tao

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    also in batangas, theres a town called agoncillo.
    nice beaches coz it will be the taal lake.
    lots of cottages and very friendly people.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with the Vigan/Pagudpud run but being Holy Week... medyo hassle yung traffic up north. It'll be better to stick to a near area like Batangas and save teh trip up north for a regular summer weekend.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You may want to consider camping in Mt. Makiling sa Boy Scouts Jamboree. They do rent out camping equipment. You may take a deep in the nearby pools or nature trekking sa Botanical Gardens or Mudsprings.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You may want to consider camping in Mt. Makiling sa Boy Scouts Jamboree. They do rent out camping equipment. You may take a deep in the nearby pools or nature trekking sa Botanical Gardens or Mudsprings.

10. Jj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    I would go for:

1. Infanta/Real beaches
    2.Vigan/Baguio
    3.Albay/Sorsogon route

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Best road trips for the family