New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    May nabasa akong article about Phillippine Oil Companies upgrading diesel fuel quality to be environmental-friendly like those diesel used in the US and European countries. These oil companies are pressured by certain groups to implement the upgrade to help keep the air clean. But in return, diesel would cost the same with Gasoline or maybe even more. I wonder if it is the reason why diesel fuel have increased a couple of times without any increase in gasoline. If isn't the reason, then probably this will be implemented in the next 3-5 years.

I'll look for that article again. I'll post the article if I could find it.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by ian_rex
    moreover, ke sub-liter or gargantuan engine ang dala mo, pag na-traffic, 0km/L ka pa rin.
    but sir ian_rex, remember that at idle a gargantuan engine will relatively still eat up more fuel because of the bigger displacement than a sub-liter which wont waste that much during idling simply because of its small capacity... di po ba?
    Last edited by RafRaf; October 14th, 2004 at 11:41 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by cyberdoc95
    May nabasa akong article about Phillippine Oil Companies upgrading diesel fuel quality to be environmental-friendly like those diesel used in the US and European countries. These oil companies are pressured by certain groups to implement the upgrade to help keep the air clean. But in return, diesel would cost the same with Gasoline or maybe even more. I wonder if it is the reason why diesel fuel have increased a couple of times without any increase in gasoline. If isn't the reason, then probably this will be implemented in the next 3-5 years.

I'll look for that article again. I'll post the article if I could find it.
    this has already been implemented. diesel here only contains 0.05% sulfur to comply with the Clean Air Act.

heck, the diesel fuel quality here in the Philippines is even better as that of the US (but not as good as that of Europe's).

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    this has already been implemented. diesel here only contains 0.05% sulfur to comply with the Clean Air Act.

heck, the diesel fuel quality here in the Philippines is even better as that of the US (but not as good as that of Europe's).
    Mazdamazda,

There's nothing to be sarcastic about. I just read it from an article. I apologize for not knowing that Philippine diesel is better (per MAZDAMAZDA) than the US coz only a fraction of vehicles use diesel in here except for big rigs, RV's and boats. Even now with significant price increase over there, I still get gasoline-powered engines on my line of vehicles in my hometown in Davao because its just my preference.(Don't want to add anymore pollution from the heavy smoke-belching buses and jeepneys).

But I wonder why that article was written that way. It even mentioned about latest european diesel engine technology to be far from being used to vehicles in the Philippines because of the diesel fuel quality.

I'm actually browsing to look for that article. I've read it about a month or two ago on an online Philippine newspaper.
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; October 14th, 2004 at 11:38 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    what if there was a diesel variant for the likes of the compact cars (jazz, picanto, colt, aveo, etc)?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They have diesel variants for almost everything in Europe... though Honda is not known for building diesel engines, even the Civic has a 1.7d variant over there.

1.3 liter and smaller displacement diesels are becoming more common. And it's a good idea... same HP as 1.3 gas, with more torque... makes driving more enjoyable.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Best gas efficient car is......