The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Here's one car that can do 4,758.6335 kilometers per liter

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...mpQandA10.html

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My brother in law from Shell said they had a plant tour sa toyota a couple of weeks/months back and there was a Prius on hand... Di nila mastart hehe, it took several "experts" to check on it before they got it starting again.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    BMW 530d gets around 12-14km/L daw sa motioncars test. i guess if you drove on the autobahn from Germany to Austria it would exceed 20km/L kasi straight na straight yun with no traffic.

Euro Diesel Engines are the best, IMHO.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i've been thinking lang. actually, depende kasi yan. sure ang mga sub-liter engine would be ok kkung extra urban ang driving. however, that means na kung sub-liter ka, less horsepower per liter. unlike those gargantuan engines (3L to infinty), malakas lang naman yang mga yan sa gas dahil sa traffic dahil laki ng displacement. pero sa horsepower e lamang ka talaga.

moreover, ke sub-liter or gargantuan engine ang dala mo, pag na-traffic, 0km/L ka pa rin.

if i were to choose, i'll get the larger displacement para hindi sya hirap lalo na kapag may mga karga. :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    how bout hydrid cars? kelan lalabas dito sa pinas?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nandito nga ang Prius... pero it may take a few years of testing before it can successfully be released on a commercial basis.

theveed, any word on the status of the prius and feasibility?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala, pero irerelease daw... if they can find enough people who knows how it works hehe. Imagine kung nashort mo to during a jump start, byebye half of the engine, o kaya nalublob sa baha... zzzzaaap! hehe.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    LOL! Puede ka yatang mag-jumper ng bus galing sa batt noon... :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by niky
    Well, mas practical siya in terms of fuel economy versus almost anything else... Average ko is around 14-17 km/l in mixed mode (depending on traffic.)

Andaya ng Insight... most of its economy is from its light weight and small size... the Prius has similar numbers BUT can carry more people and do more things, has better acceleration and acts just like a normal road car. The Insight is a publicity gimmick, the Prius and the Honda Civic Hybrid are the real things.
    Yup i agree the insight is a waste, thats why it never sold very well copared to Prius and the Hybrid Civic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Best gas efficient car is......