New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Have you found your ultimate driving road in Luzon?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 80.00%
  • No

2 10.00%
  • My car doesn't break 100 kph!!

2 10.00%
  • I always obey the speeding law of 40kph at all times.

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Guys, check out the Magilas Trail, an alternative route to Baguio created during the time of FVR, from McArthur Hiway * the first town of Pangasinan (bfore crossing the Bridge), instead of going straight up, puwede lumiko (this road leads to Nueva Ecija) sa town proper ng Rosales, Pangasinan, turn left * a certain Paint Center and dire-diretso lang (Asingan-Villasis road, this road looks like a mini-expressway beginning from Rosales, Asingan, then may mga detours papunta ibang towns of Northeastern Pangasinan, even a detour to Urdaneta), you can floor your accelerator pedal here until your car has no more to give hehe... sarap; just watch out for crossing carabaos and of course, NPAs (Nice People Around), may road signs naman pointing to Baguio; this route may be longer than the usual (McArthur), pero with the usually congested traffic of the prosperous inner towns of Pangasina, you can save more gas (IMHO) in here... here, you can see the foot slopes of Cordillera Mountains (even the San Roque Dam!) merging with the western side of the majestic Caraballo Mountains... great scenery, great highway...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Tsikot tsips!

Ive been using this road as an alternate route going to Baguio/ La union, highly recommended! Though medyo nakakatakot lang pag gabi kasi marami bike/ tao o kalabaw na tumatawid and sometimes those kuligligs without headlights/tailights.

Yung stretch going to Zambales from Olongapo, ok din, kaunti lang nag byahe at kaunti rin mga tao sa daan. There's this way too from Iba, Zambales to Pangasinan, dunno kung ano town yun, with some tight curves but the road is ok.

Meron din ako nadaanan papunta Tuguegarao from Isabela, ok rin. Long deserted stretch, walang kasalubong at wala tao. Ingat lang daw sa mga nanghaharang. Forgot the name of the place.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sa kin, ung strech ng La Union to Ilocos Sur, mahaba sia at maganda ang daan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    guys.. pag long distance drive kc. usually night trip ako eh..

of course. NLEX should not be compared to provincial highways.....

so i can say one of the best road (in terms of safe driving at night) is the mc arthur highway at Nueva Vizcaya (Aritao stretch to Diadi) pagbaba mo na ng dalton pass.. why? ... road signages are i think very adequate.. visible ang mga sharp curves dahil sa mga reflectors at the standard highway lines (broken, yellow, etc...)...so it is easy driving... and the road.. smooth ride.. since asphalt sya pag baba mo ng dalton pass..

I had compared na rin this road from other part of luzon.. some have good panoramic view at day.. pero kulang ang iba sa mga road signages...kaya delikado sa gabi....yun lang... good day to all!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If you want to have a Road Trip without going Far from the Metro, try going to Tanay via Cogeo Antipolo.

Puwede niyong puntahan yan via Aurora Blvd then Marcos Highway.
    diretso lang din hanggang madaanan niyo ung Sta Lucia, Masinag, and Cogeo Gate 2.

Pagkalagpas ng Seminaryo (kung san kinasal si Julios Babao and Tintin Bersola), a few kilometers na lang and madadaanan niyo na ung well paved roads na to.

It will start when u see the RC Cola Plant.

This is a long and Zigzag Road with deep ravine.
    Walang signal ng Celphone dito. Less populatd area and walang lubak at wala pa gaano dumadaan.

Kapag tinahak niyo to, it will lead you to Camp Capinpin. Turning right will lead you back to Manila pero madadaanan niyo muna ung Daranak Falls.

From the RC Cola Plant to Daranak Falls, mga 1-hr drive din.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Share ko lang since i'm from pangasinan, mga daan na nakapagpatakbo ako ng 140kph with my '96 VTI. Mostly "THIN" populated area.

Rosales-Balungao-Umingan-Lupao N.E. = The best, 30kms na sementadong daan, walang lubak. especially sa gabi kahit 200kph kaya.

Sual-Alaminos Stretch

Bani-Bolinao Stretch

Mabini-Burgos-Dasol-Infanta-Iba Zambales

Rosales-Tayug-San Quintin

Bonuan-San Fabian-Rosario, La Union

S.F. La Union - Ilocos Sur

Aguilar-Mangatarem Stretch

Cuyapo-Guimba N.E.

Villasis-Malasiqui Road

Some of Sta. Ignacia Tarlac

Mostly traffic: Urdaneta, Dagupan, San Carlos

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Star Toll and NLEX! Solve solve nako sa 2.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    lately i go the whole stretch of the nlex. parang every other weekend kasi umuuwi kami ng la union.

may nadaanan kami from gerona tarlac, when we went to guimba, nueva ecija na parang mini-expressway. ang labas namin sa may rosales na ata. 2 lanes lang pero very smooth and wala halos ibang vehicles. sa gitna na nga ako nagddrive. nice scenic route with plenty of road signs. ingat lang sa occasional kuliglig, livestock, etc. di ko lang alam kung anong pangalan

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    If you want to have a Road Trip without going Far from the Metro, try going to Tanay via Cogeo Antipolo.

Puwede niyong puntahan yan via Aurora Blvd then Marcos Highway.
    diretso lang din hanggang madaanan niyo ung Sta Lucia, Masinag, and Cogeo Gate 2.

Pagkalagpas ng Seminaryo (kung san kinasal si Julios Babao and Tintin Bersola), a few kilometers na lang and madadaanan niyo na ung well paved roads na to.

It will start when u see the RC Cola Plant.

This is a long and Zigzag Road with deep ravine.
    Walang signal ng Celphone dito. Less populatd area and walang lubak at wala pa gaano dumadaan.

Kapag tinahak niyo to, it will lead you to Camp Capinpin. Turning right will lead you back to Manila pero madadaanan niyo muna ung Daranak Falls.

From the RC Cola Plant to Daranak Falls, mga 1-hr drive din.
    I just drove this road this past Sunday. I didn't yet drive all the way to the mentioned "Camp" though, just up to the first Shell gas station and turned around after that.

It was a great drive with minimal traffic (mostly motorbikes and bicycles), great road, nice view. This road is best for cars meant to handle curves & corners well. Most curves I handled at 60kph to 80 kph without pushing my car near to it's limits yet.

Downside on this road, if you breakdown, not a gas station for dozens of kilometers.

I plan to go back and go further.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 10th, 2009 at 12:51 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    SCTEx for me. Very few users, super smooth even at high speeds.

Star Toll is the worst express way for me. IMO, it is not safe to go more than 120 or even 100 kph. Maalon at magaspang.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Best Driving Road in the island Luzon ???