New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Both is to blame.
    The grey car should have let the black car passed since she was turning on a u-turn slot and proceeded when the lane is well clear.
    The red car should have slowed a bit if she noticed the black car halted, by doing so meron pa syang stopping distance thus avoiding the grey car.
    Sometimes you have to deviate from the rules to avoid untoward incidents.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    In defensive driving right-of-way is not always right. Its more on preventing accidents. Was the accident preventable? Yes! The control is on the driver. Think defensive...don't insist on the right-of-way thing.

Both is at fault...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The accident could've been avoided by either car but the gray one (his insurance rather), will have the legal liability because he did not have the right of way yet did not yield.

I find it a bit alarming though that there is much confusion about this, especially here.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    In defensive driving right-of-way is not always right. Its more on preventing accidents. Was the accident preventable? Yes! The control is on the driver. Think defensive...don't insist on the right-of-way thing.
    since wala defensive driving sa parties involved, right of way and who's at fault ang tinitignan natin dito, right? insisting on defensive driving after the incident is a moot point.

pero, hopefully, after this pareho na sila mag practice ng defensive driving.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ung gray ang may fault kasi sya bumangga. ganun "daw" un.

OT:
    madalas ako magdaan sa pinangyarihan. ako lagi nagbibigay kaya naasar ung mga nasa likod ko na nagmamadali. hehe kesa nman maabala sa sabitan

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Yan ba yun U-turn slot sa Abad Santos na malapit sa may Hyundai? Lagi naman may accident dun. Dahil lang sa d nagbibigayan mga driver.
    Dito sa kaso gray car ang maysala. D sya dapat pilit pumasok na d nakikita yun incoming traffic. To think na sa intersection na yun black SUV. Dapat paunahin muna nya bago sya pumasok.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NightWinger View Post
    Yan ba yun U-turn slot sa Abad Santos na malapit sa may Hyundai?
    sa may bandang may overpass yata. di ko matandaan yung mga landmarks eh.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Basic lang yan sa defensive driving.

The fault lies with the driver of the gray car, because the onus for accident prevention is upon him, not with the traffic he's merging with.

Good luck with the claim.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I think its the gray cars fault. He should have been more cautious specially when he crossed the red cars lane. Red car partially at fault because he could've avoided it by anticipating U turners at U turn slots, some vehicle make very wide turns...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i got into a situation similar to this one before.

i'm in a four-lane avenue, and there was a honda city slowing down on the slow lane signaling to turn right (on a one way street).

a RAV4 came out of a small one-way street (on my right), but of course i didn't see the car because my line of sight was impeded by the honda city.

the RAV4 was hurling out going left (to the opposite direction i'm taking). he hit the right side of my vehicle. because of my momentum he literally obliterated my right front fender, two doors and my right rear fender.

the police studied the incident, and the rav4 was blamed. i can't remember what the police said. all i know is the guy paid for the repairs.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
banggaan -- sino ang may kasalanan? (animation inside)