New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    finance rates are at rock bottom last month when my bank manager enticed me to get a car loan. 4.99% at equitable and 4.95% at bpi family for a one year term.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sir, lets wait for the new Starex. Baka better and mas reasonable ang pricing nya.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    finance rates are at rock bottom last month when my bank manager enticed me to get a car loan. 4.99% at equitable and 4.95% at bpi family for a one year term.
    You can get it for even less if you haggle enough

Yup, Innova seems the most practical for your needs and budget but I guess you shouldn't expect too much in terms of comfort.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    may i suggest yung kasya yung halos 2 pamilya. the grandia. mukha lang ref pero very generous sa space unlike the innova and avanza na masikip ang 3rd row na bata lang ang komportable sa 3rd row

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The driving environment in the Grandia isn't good for an American sized driver... although you probably need to be a basketball player to get in the front seat (my Mom, at 5'0", had such a ridiculously hard time getting in the front that I made her sit in the back, even though it was just the two of us). Not much in terms of adjustability.

The suspension is pretty good for a van of this type, stiff, yes, but with good body control compared to the L300 and its kin.

A better bet is the Innova. But if your relatives think the space is small in the Adventure or Crosswind, the Innova's headroom is even more limited. It's not really bad, though, and the top-of-the line has Airbags and ABS. The Starex with the ABS is the 1.4 million GRX "Gold".

The Innova rides stiffly but decently, and drives much like a car. Not as spacious as old-school AUVs, but if you're from the US, you'll be much more comfortable driving it.

The Starex has tons of space, rides softly, and has a great engine. Only concern is the bobbing ride over wavy surfaces.

SUVs? Lots to choose from... Alterra... Fortuner... Everest... Santa Fe... Sorento... The Santa Fe is the best of all, but at 1.5m, it's pretty far off your budget.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you could add to your budget, the base Starex CRDi GRX is about P1.2M. I'd go for it if I were in your shoes. It's spacious and powerful, plus the A/C is cold. Even if it's the base model, it's really not too bare.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Starex! 'Nuff said. Unless you're like me na pangatlong starex na ito. hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Bro.,- go for the Starex....

2401:massbounce:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    STAREX

You will enjoy the space especially in the back. No problem with the headroom since space is never an issue with Starex. Less stress ang passengers sa long drives since they can play cards, sleep well etc. You will really enjoy your journey since the Starex view is great! The lighting of the cabin is also great.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Starex definetly. but if I want more porma. I'd go for SUV's...

a van will always be a van. you can make it look better... but you can't make it look better than Suv's....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AUV, SUV, or Van recommendation please!