New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    went there around 130pm i was able to test drive the 2.5L duratorq ford ranger, 2.0SL civic and the simply awesome Subaru Forester XT. my friend test drove the 2.0 crv but it looked damn boring after a round with the XT so i opted to sit that one out.

ang lakas ng bagong ford ranger! umabot kami ng 120kph sa macapagal. 330nm of torque at 1800rpm grabe! tahimik pa ... parang gas na un takbo. nagulat ako ang lakas.

it was my first time to use the paddle shifters on the civic and i must say i thought it would be all gimmick but the response was pretty good. something to play with when ur bored with sticking it to D all the time. front seats parang bato, rear seats masmalambot pa. handling was good though.

and of course the 230hp forester XT. the moment my friend floored it i knew it was a beast. i was able to reach 140kph in macapagal sobrang stable pa kahit na un steering medyo hindi na naka align ksi sa sobrang test drive ng media and the public. i was expecting a rough ride but i was surprised that it wasnt that rough at all, perfectly livable as a daily driver. sabi ng subaru personnel lagi daw hinihiram kaya usually wala sa Subaru greenhills. i want one!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by acesanbuena View Post
    sana hindi ko miss tong auto show sa wtc!
    Punta ka dun,so far medyo ok naman ang show pero ok talaga yung test drives(yung CRV at Ranger lang ang nasubukan ko....)..

Iboto nyo yung Suzuki Swift!!!!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Drove the CRV 4x4 and the Suzuki Alto this afternoon.

Ok yung CRV. The steering feel is lighter than our CRV. Sarap idrive yung 4x4 and the visibility has improved.

The Alto is really cool! I was impressed with its performance though the clutch is super soft but it is very comfortable inside.

Japanese made and Indian made heheh
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; May 26th, 2007 at 08:36 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618 View Post
    went there around 130pm i was able to test drive the 2.5L duratorq ford ranger, 2.0SL civic and the simply awesome Subaru Forester XT. my friend test drove the 2.0 crv but it looked damn boring after a round with the XT so i opted to sit that one out.

and of course the 230hp forester XT. the moment my friend floored it i knew it was a beast. i was able to reach 140kph in macapagal sobrang stable pa kahit na un steering medyo hindi na naka align ksi sa sobrang test drive ng media and the public. i was expecting a rough ride but i was surprised that it wasnt that rough at all, perfectly livable as a daily driver. sabi ng subaru personnel lagi daw hinihiram kaya usually wala sa Subaru greenhills. i want one!
    Sarap no? Thanks for the Turbo. Its the best compact SUV so far i've driven.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict View Post

Ok yung CRV. The steering feel is lighter than our CRV. Sarap idrive yung 4x4 and the visibility has improved.

The Alto is really cool! I was impressed with its performance though the clutch is super soft and it is very comfortable inside.
    hello carlo, based on your short drives of both '07 CRV variants, which is better among the two? Some are people are complaining the 2.0 li is in adequate, which I didnt feel when I drove the test unit from Honda Manila.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    hello carlo, based on your short drives of both '07 CRV variants, which is better among the two? Some are people are complaining the 2.0 li is in adequate, which I didnt feel when I drove the test unit from Honda Manila.
    yes i find it underpowered but i want to try the 2.0 mt variant first before concluding it. As for the 2.4, ok naman siya, ok yung power.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004

The Alto is really cool! I was impressed with its performance though the clutch is super soft but it is very comfortable inside.

Hmmmm... Swift?

Or two Altos plus cash?

...actually, I'd rather have the Swift... but if it were:

Swift?

Or one Alto and 400k pesos worth of mods... :hysterical: ...that's another question entirely!

I'll be there tomorrow! At least something should go right for me this weekend!
    Last edited by niky; May 26th, 2007 at 11:16 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2006

Looking at your photo here, the interior is not as bad as I was thinkin' huh, I think it's plasticky though more adequate than I thought it is, 'di rin pala halos nagkakalayo ang size nila ng Swift,

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In terms of legroom, that's true, but the Alto has much less elbow room and trunk room (the trunk room bit is surprising, as the Swift doesn't have any) than the Swift.

Actually, the neat thing is, the Alto is around half the price, and it has half the engine capacity... neat, huh?

Sabi ni Mon Mendoza sa isang thread, ang hirap makahanap ng bare model ng Alto... benta na yata yung unang consignment! Considering that's only 200 units, that's not a lot... but it indicates that there IS a market for these things.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    :office: [SIZE=3]Ah eh hindi rin ata ako palo sa results ng Auto Focus! I was there yesterday and was not impressed with the whole event! Akala ko naman kinuha nila buong venue eh parang nilalangaw nga eh! Tapos ang results pa SUSMAROSEP! Ito lang masasabi ko ... :nolurk: [/SIZE]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Autofocus' People's Choice Awards