New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit hindi mo i-post kung anong car yan?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Ahh. . . sori po, newbie lang. Tucson siya.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    ayan parang nagalit na si sir boybi :

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Tucson? CRDi 4x4 ba?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    di eh yung base model. mukha talaga naglow downpayment option kaya mataas ang monthly and high interest.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    First off, if someone is selling you assume balance type of deal, he must not be able to recover previous payments.

Second, he must take a hit on his initial down. If he gave 150k, you should just give him something like 100k and assume the rest of the payments. You're not supposed to pay him for previous payments he made. Kung ganon din lang e di sa brand new ka na.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    base model tucson is 898k... hindi ganon kalaki yung matitipid mo.

i suggest you get a brandnew one instead..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kantoboy View Post
    I computed the original cost (i went to a dealer) apparently from the computation the seller wants to recover the initial down plus part of the payments. Parang initial down at 27k a month was about 100 - 150k.
    ahaha....sabi ko na nga ba eh.

so the net effect is that you basically paid for some of the payments and depreciation while he was enjoying the use of the car, plus allow him to recoup the full downpayment

that offer is so ridiculous that i wonder what else he is trying to screw you on

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kantoboy View Post
    well am speculating, but assuming the differences between banks rates arent so big, he must have paid off 8 months or less. which comes out to about 220k. Since he is originally asking for 250k, he must be thinking of recouping the money he paid monthly, and be forgoing the intial downpayment of 100k or whatever the minimum downpayment was (plus chattel / registration / insurance).

parang na-curious lang ako, its the first time i've heard of assume balance.
    Matagal ng practice yung "assume balance" na yan. Scan the ads for used cars, madami dun ganun ang gustong terms.

When I was in the market for used cars in 1996, marami din akong nakausap na assume balance ang gustong terms. Most of them said hindi na nila kaya ang monthly payments (due to some misfortune), eh ayaw nilang ma-remata ng banko, kasi sayang naman yung downpayment & paid amortizations nila.

In the end, i got myself a new Sentra.

BTT: Mejo mataas ang asking nya, haggle down some more. He should also take a hit.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by raikonen View Post
    base model tucson is 898k... hindi ganon kalaki yung matitipid mo.

i suggest you get a brandnew one instead..
    if i remember correctly the tucson was introduced at 888k and most likely he got the unit at that price.

baka naman ang reason nung seller e "hindi ko naman ginamit talaga yan kundi brineyk-in ko lang para sa susunod na may-ari":hysterical:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
assume balance