New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Perhaps the E90 is heavier than the E36 and E46 as a result of increasing safety standards. Having 116 puny horses to handle such a massive car doesn't quite cut it. The E36 8-valve 316i only had 105 hp or less. Acceleration is slower than an ECCS definitely but not quite a slug either. I've driven one like this and I can really feel that the chassis can easily take twice the power, thrice even. The car was really great fun; could have been perfect if it had a much stronger powerplant.

The E90 316i's steel rims are ballast, rather than alloy wheels that could have saved some weight. Black door handles also make it look downscale. A person with no knowledge in BMW's dynamics and excitement will certainly snub this car. Styling is overly understated - I expected much better. I'd also rather that BMW bring in the diesels instead.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    slight OT, ganu kalaki percent difference kapag pinapa-service ang 1.6L BMW compared to a Japanese 1.6L sedan. for example, nag-spend ng 2k-3k every 3 months yun civic, how much naman sa BMW? assuming inclusive pa din sa 3 yr warranty period.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire
    Hey, COOL IT! These guys are not lambasting the new 3er's. They just simply are expressing that they don't like the flamey design - period.
    Exactly the point.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
All-new 3 series (316i!?!)