New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if i had surplus cash of 1.85M i'll take one :D

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If I had 2m, I'd get the S40. Of course, since I don't, the point is moot.

Ok ang 316 for commuting, but since I live in the boondocks down south, any car I own has to have some "pep". I like the new body... even though it's slightly bangle-ized (the lead designer IS the scion of Bangle, and was responsible for the 1... oh my).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry
    Yup.

And of course some of the BMW club members 'prefer' their older model 3 because it is what they have. Love your own, ika nga. But offer them a straight swap sa high end na new-body 3 series, tingnan natin if they change their preference.
    It goes without saying that they will get a newer model if given for free (or swap) even if they have misgivings about the design. de gustibus, non disputandum est as they say in latin.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    1.6L is good enough for me. However i saw one being smoked by a 4AF corolla.

But still....

It is a BMW!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you prefer looks and economy to having the full BMW driving experience, then a 316i is enough. If i had one 316i, i would slap in 19" or bigger rims, lower it to the ground. That way you have a reason for not driving fast. hehe. IMHO the BMW suspension is really good even if you lower it with springs, the ride is still acceptable. I suggest you do that if you plan to get a 316i or just get a previous generation BMW inline 6.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    not directed to any posters here, more like to the so called BMW members lambasting the new BMW.

Bangleized or not a BMW is still a BMW.

New series BMers are better than the old BMers. Like what the others said love your own, but the truth is the new one is waaay better than the old one. <--- OUCH the truth really hurts.

I think a simpler term is sourgraping? hell just buy a new one if you have the moolah if you don't stop lambasting the new car and saying uhhh ahhh I hate the Bangelized face, my old car is better than the new one. <---- more like a kid who can't afford to buy a new toy and trying hard to convince himself that what he got is the still the best. OUUUUCHHHHH that really hurt.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Aray aray aray... :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti
    not directed to any posters here, more like to the so called BMW members lambasting the new BMW.

Bangleized or not a BMW is still a BMW.

New series BMers are better than the old BMers. Like what the others said love your own, but the truth is the new one is waaay better than the old one. <--- OUCH the truth really hurts.

I think a simpler term is sourgraping? hell just buy a new one if you have the moolah if you don't stop lambasting the new car and saying uhhh ahhh I hate the Bangelized face, my old car is better than the new one. <---- more like a kid who can't afford to buy a new toy and trying hard to convince himself that what he got is the still the best. OUUUUCHHHHH that really hurt.

Hey, COOL IT! These guys are not lambasting the new 3er's. They just simply are expressing that they don't like the flamey design - period.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hi wrxsti,

remember:

To
    Each
    His
    Own

have a nice day.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes, opinion lng po yan, though some may be sourgraping, you cannot generalize all bimmer owners.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
All-new 3 series (316i!?!)