New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've driven the less powerful 316i of the previous generation. Adequate naman. Will still smoke most SUV's and other common vehicles on local roads.

And when running on the highway, rides better and is more stable than most Japanese econoboxes (a worthy comparison since the unit I checked out was being sold for Php 430K).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kuha ka na Bry =)
    post your pics here at tsikot

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....after more than a month since its release.... mas type ko pa rin ang E46.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oops... 116hp pala... not 122hp...

nakita ko yung ad yesterday sa dyaryo.

what's surprising is that the electronic nanny systems (traction, stability, brake, etc) are still present in the base model 316i.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by scarab
    ....after more than a month since its release.... mas type ko pa rin ang E46.

most of the bmwclub members share the same sentiment, i.e., mr. chris bangle created an ugly car

the E36 (classic lines), and the curvacious E46 sure looks much much better than mr. bangle's flamey design!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire
    most of the bmwclub members share the same sentiment, i.e., mr. chris bangle created an ugly car

the E36 (classic lines), and the curvacious E46 sure looks much much better than mr. bangle's flamey design!
    chris bangle didn't have a thing to do with the E90.

the new bmw design head, hooydonk (sp) was the one responsible for it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede na sa akin yung 316i... i found the E46 316i fun to drive around with.

it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow... not to mention, it's more fun to drive a sharp car than a quick one.

and of course, there's that unmistakable feel of top quality even with the basic 3er.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup.

And of course some of the BMW club members 'prefer' their older model 3 because it is what they have. Love your own, ika nga. But offer them a straight swap sa high end na new-body 3 series, tingnan natin if they change their preference.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry
    Yup.

And of course some of the BMW club members 'prefer' their older model 3 because it is what they have. Love your own, ika nga. But offer them a straight swap sa high end na new-body 3 series, tingnan natin if they change their preference.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Of course the higher-end models will be more "preferrable" hehe

But I dare say that the 316i is preferrable enough for most purposes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
All-new 3 series (316i!?!)