New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Is it true that some types of Air freshener is not good for our airconditioning system? Especially the Gel type? somebody told me that it evaporated and sticks on the vents and hoses etc... it can also clog?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not really clogs but the "scent" sticks to the vents and ducts. When they get old, they can smell bad hence the bad smell whenever you first turn on the A/C.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    much worse are those wax types, it really accumulates(gooey) at the evaporators of our aircons.
    i actually saw it when my periodical cleaning service was done, nung una akala ko kwentong barbero lang na naiipon sila sa evaporators, totoo pala.

and so i shifted into those organic ones since then, residues/buildups wala na .

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi,
    I don't see the logic behind the gel sticking on ac vents. When a gel looses its odor, you will see a residue in the container.
    The one that you see in air vents that get suck on vents are dust particles and oil coming from the ac. These are common especially if you don't clean the ducts and when the you don't always clean the area where the location of the intake is located (normally on the right/front passenger side). Others say that no matter how untidy your car is, always have time to shake off the dust of your mat at the passenger side.
    also, these accumulated dusts on the vents is a build up.. when it gets cold and inside the car, then it gets warm, moisture will bond the dust to the vents. This could also be a warning that your ac fins are getting clogged due to dust build up.
    Keep your car clean and You will not need air fresheners... if you have time, you can also wash your seat covers. If they are leather, then you can clean them with water and softener, or other products good for the leather. Avoid eating, smoking and not cleaning inside the car afterwards... as we all know, smoke leaves a bad smell in the car, also these crumbs, decay and create bad smell. when you clean your car, have time to clean the ceiling too.
    When you smell an odor like oil which is very striking to the nose, have your ac checked.

Have fun driving.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    yun nga ang sabi nila, its the scent that clogs, even the organic types,
    how about lysol? does this stick to the vents to?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    from what i have learned, its not the gel or wax that sticks, it the perfume in them... that's what they said in other forums

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by trekker13 View Post
    Hmmm.. Maybe? We still need to confirm it though. But I know it's more than perfume, the chemical/substance that evaporates within it..

Let's study further bro, shall we?
    mas safe na lang mag organic airfreshener

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    sirs, careful with those liquid fresheners na ikabit sa aircon vent. this is what happened sa dash ko.
    after a carwash, upside down pagkalagay ng wash boy ang freshener. nagleak, nababad sa init ang car ko, kaya the result:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ayaw ko na mag freshener... Maglalagay na lang ako ng uling overnight to remove odors...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ang tamang naman ng air freshener na yan, ano brand ang gamit mo, kasi ako yung california scent na golden state ang gamit ko.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Air freshener? (good or bad?)