New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Actually, hindi kasi siya legacy outback eh. It's a legacy wagon like in one of the threads here. Kaya lang several inches nga ang itinaas doon at nagpalit pa ng suspension -- something I will NOT do unless palitin na my suspension or if I really, really, need to go further off road.

I guess nate-temp ako nung propects of having an exec car-slash-cuv (probably like those guys in the thread who actually DID give in) pero naisip ko mas importante naman sa akin ang ride quality kesa off-road capability and besides may limited soft-roading ability na naman siya in the sense na 2 inches lang siya lower than the Forester at AWD pa.

Ito kasing Legacy wagon may Spec B na units abroad din kasi which are 10mm higher -- pero sabi niyo nga, halos hindi noticeable kaya I'll take that advice.

So I think I've decided to keep my stock setup na muna and just switch to a forester at the last second kung di ko mapigil (hehehe). I figure the Legacy can go soft-roading better than the Forester can give an exec car ride?
    I'd have to disagree with your last statement. My cousin owns a Forester and it rides just as well as the Legacy with the exception of the GT which has a sportier ride. The Forester really rides more like a car than a true truck based SUV, it's essentially a station wagon that's been jacked up to give it ground clearance. But if you really want more clearance then get the Outback since it has more ground clearance by .3" over the Forester.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    I'd have to disagree with your last statement. My cousin owns a Forester and it rides just as well as the Legacy with the exception of the GT which has a sportier ride. The Forester really rides more like a car than a true truck based SUV, it's essentially a station wagon that's been jacked up to give it ground clearance. But if you really want more clearance then get the Outback since it has more ground clearance by .3" over the Forester.

Just wanted to ask if you've ridden in a legacy na. Important kasi siya sa decision ko, tsaka medyo doubtful ako kasi cuv 'yung isa at exec naman yung isa. Kung comparable to compact car pa baka medyo mas realistic.

When I tried to ride the forester pa, medyo masikip siya in terms of width (leg room naman sa likod). OTH the legacy had none of those shortcomings when I rode them.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Just wanted to ask if you've ridden in a legacy na. Important kasi siya sa decision ko, tsaka medyo doubtful ako kasi cuv 'yung isa at exec naman yung isa. Kung comparable to compact car pa baka medyo mas realistic.

When I tried to ride the forester pa, medyo masikip siya in terms of width (leg room naman sa likod). OTH the legacy had none of those shortcomings when I rode them.
    Yes I have ridden in the car along with the Impreza. The ride of Forester isn't harsh or truck like compared to a car, but the Legacy may have a softer ride because of it's longer wheelbase. As far as the Legacy being an exec ride that may be subjective as I consider a exec ride more of the 5 series type cars. Surprisingly you feel the Legacy is bigger inside but the Forester actually has .6 cubic ft bigger cabin volume because of better headroom. The Legacy is the wider of the two but the legroom in the rear is just .2 of inch difference.

As I tell people when they want to buy an SUV of any type, don't expect it to ride like a car(although the Forester comes the closes to a car ride) and don't expect it to have the fuel consumption of a Civic. If you don't do those things then you won't be disappointed with your vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Yes I have ridden in the car along with the Impreza. The ride of Forester isn't harsh or truck like compared to a car, but the Legacy may have a softer ride because of it's longer wheelbase. As far as the Legacy being an exec ride that may be subjective as I consider a exec ride more of the 5 series type cars. Surprisingly you feel the Legacy is bigger inside but the Forester actually has .6 cubic ft bigger cabin volume because of better headroom. The Legacy is the wider of the two but the legroom in the rear is just .2 of inch difference.

As I tell people when they want to buy an SUV of any type, don't expect it to ride like a car(although the Forester comes the closes to a car ride) and don't expect it to have the fuel consumption of a Civic. If you don't do those things then you won't be disappointed with your vehicle.
    Ah. Ok. Now I know why I felt the Forester to be kinda small. Ang headroom kasi ang maluwag eh average pinoy height lang naman kami. OTH, difference in width made a difference coz we're wide. hehe.I don't expect either of them to be as fuel-efficient as the civic -- but I surely want the ride to be better than a civic's (not the same). If that is the ultimate aim, then, how would you compare the Forester's ride to a compact like the civic's assuming you've ridden in one?The reason I'm so intense on Forester vs. Legacy is because I'm worried the Legacy might be too slow for me. OTH, the Forester has an on-going financing promo but it DOES feel cramped (to us short, wide people).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT
    The 2007 Legacy Outback with 8.4" actually has more ground clearance than the 2007 CRV 7.3". Surprisingly it has a higher ground clearance than the current models of the following SUV's: Explorer 8.2", Escape 8.1", RAV4 7.5", X-Trail 7.8", Santa Fe 8.1". It also isn't very much lower than Outlander 8.5" and Fortuner 8.66"(likely because of the rear diff being the lowest point).
    Sorry. I meant overall height. Not measured ground clearance or COG. Thanks for clearing that up.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ah. Ok. Now I know why I felt the Forester to be kinda small. Ang headroom kasi ang maluwag eh average pinoy height lang naman kami. OTH, difference in width made a difference coz we're wide. hehe.I don't expect either of them to be as fuel-efficient as the civic -- but I surely want the ride to be better than a civic's (not the same). If that is the ultimate aim, then, how would you compare the Forester's ride to a compact like the civic's assuming you've ridden in one?The reason I'm so intense on Forester vs. Legacy is because I'm worried the Legacy might be too slow for me. OTH, the Forester has an on-going financing promo but it DOES feel cramped (to us short, wide people).
    If you need the width more than the height then get the Legacy since it will fit your needs better. As I've said the Forester is far from being truck in ride(trust me I drive a truck with leaf springs out back), I haven't ridden the new Civic so I can't compare. The Legacy does have a V6 and a version with the same engine as the Forester so it shouldn't be slow. If you don't need the extra space of the wagon get the GT sedan for a sportier feel.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    No, no. My civic is circa 2002, not 2007.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm going to the store day after tomorrow to finalize. I guess it's 75% Legacy wagon (coz I need the space for stuff). If I feel a need to re-consider the forester, maybe I'll ask for a short test drive just to check the ride out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advise on increasing ride height?