New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *redorange..
    i also had the luxury(or lack of..lol) of driving the hurst shelby version and like what you mentioned..the interior is so fugly(maybe cause its a rent a car to begin with..lol) but just like almost everybody who rents it..i pretty much rented it just so i can dog the hell out of it

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *deedee- Yeah my buddy rented it for 3 days and I got to drive it while he was at the dentist. I managed to do a couple of burnouts on that sucker and my friend took a freeway on ramp at 120mph. Did you read about the guy who rented one after it first came out? He came across a Mustang show, ended up entering it and won first place. I guess that's better than the guys who used to yank out the engines from the 1960's GT-H and put it in their ride so they could race it during weekends.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    if i buy one, will the gels all think i'm as attractive as Steve McQueen? :hihihi:
    Do you really want a girl who knows who Steve McQueen is? Baka ka-age ni niwde11 yun!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee View Post
    i can understand the fact that ford is trying to sell alot of mustangs but for a 4000$ higher price tag..i would expect more of a difference than a regular GT.all the added stuff to make it look like the old bullitt car is so plain and boring(atleast to me) and it doesnt cost 4K to add them from a regular GT
    The Bullitt package enhances the Mustang GT Premium package with the following:

* 3.73:1 Limited Slip Rear Axle
    * Ford Racing Power Pack (cold air induction system)
    * High Performance Calipation
    * Performance Friction Carbon Metallic® front pake pads
    * Ford Racing Strut Tower pace
    * Sport -tuned suspension (shocks/springs/stabilizer bar)
    * Modified "H" Pipe
    * Dark Grey pake Calipers
    * 18-inch Euro-Flange Bullitt Wheels with Charcoal Satin Finish
    * 3.5-inch Packed Exhaust Tips

* Distinct Upper Grille
    * Bullitt emblem on faux fuel cap
    * Black interior with upgraded steering wheel
    * Charcoal Black sport leather seats
    * Unique IP finish (hand-machined aluminum swirl)
    * Satin Aluminum interior accents (ball shifter/sill plate/pedal covers)
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee
    but atleast you can spot the major difference and can actually point out a shelby right off the bat(mostly cause of its body style front end and side skirt and side vents)besides...its shelby(now thats a legend)
    How hard is it to spot one, its the only Mustang model with the Dark Highland Green color.

What you don't like about the Bullitt Mustang... is what I like the most.
    Compared to the Shelby GT, they deleted all the non-functional scoops, stickers and shiny grill trim/badges giving it that blacked-out sleeper look.

...just like the old one

The most important upgrades are under, like the engine upgrades and the slightly lowered sports tuned suspension.

Think of the new Bullitt Mustang as an automotive version of the Harley-Davidson Night-Rod.

The New Mustang has a lot of limited edition models tailored for different people...
    The Bullitt has that subtle undercover look, while the Shelby GT has that striped and scooped racy look.
    Of course I like both... for me they look good in their own unique ways.
    Last edited by AG4; November 8th, 2007 at 03:13 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I guess the big question now is, does the retro version have the character and personality of the original Bullitt?

The problem with retro cars is that they lack that soul, that charisma that the original car had. Look at the Mini Cooper, the Fiat 500, the VW Beetle, the PT Cruiser, the Mustang - to me they feel too modern but some still have that flair although not as much and as fun as the original of course. Worse comes to worst, some retros actually ruin and jump so far from the original such as the Dodge Charger. Just my humble opinion...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige
    I guess the big question now is, does the retro version have the character and personality of the original Bullitt?
    I'm sure its a better handling (safer) version of the old one (Mustang GT-390)...
    Even with the sports engine and suspension upgrades, its still a simple traditional RWD V8 american muscle car.

Edmunds Preview/first drive:
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*

The original Bullitt car, a '68 Mustang GT-390 was powered by a 390 cu in (6.4 liter) V8, that produced 335hp and had a 4-speed manual, but of course because of it big engine, its curb weight hit the 3600lb mark, about a hundred more than the 2008 Bullitt.
    0-60mph was somewhere in the 7 sec area (the A/T GT-390 ran 0-60mph in 7.8 sec), the new Bullitt can reach 60 mph in just 5 sec.

Compared to other retro-ish heritage cars, the Mustang was kept simple(at least by modern standards) like the original, its not some overpriced technology filled car under a retro body like the new Mini Cooper S which can hit $28K when you add optional stuff like sports suspension, bigger wheels, special paint colors etc.
    Last edited by AG4; November 8th, 2007 at 05:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2008 Mustang Bullitt!!!