New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaizer View Post
    my sentiments exactly. sa philippine setting yata, more than half of the people would view owning a car as comfort or even luxury, rather than a necessity. (kasama ako sa lower half ng economic pyramid)
    i'm content with reading the posts pero nung makita ko ito, i just can't help it kaya here's my :twocents:

how about driving to your neighborhood park para magpapawis to play your favorite sports (i.e. tennis, basketball, badminton, swimming, any basta you need to bring light equipment only)..

dami ko nakikita ganito at nagtataka sila bakit ako eh naglalakad lang.. sabi ko na lang na magandang warm-up

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    sa akin lang eh...if they can afford it...why not? kung dun sila maligaya eh bakit hindi?

it's the same as buying a ferrari or porsche against buying a toyota or mitsu, same banana rin - it will get you from point a to point b...yun nga lang, they, who can afford it, want to do it in style...wasteful nga lang sa iba...

if you want to install bling- blings in your ride, and it will make you happy, by all means, do it...pera mo naman yun...wag lang kung ninakaw mo yung pera hah?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    i'm content with reading the posts pero nung makita ko ito, i just can't help it kaya here's my :twocents:

how about driving to your neighborhood park para magpapawis to play your favorite sports (i.e. tennis, basketball, badminton, swimming, any basta you need to bring light equipment only)..

dami ko nakikita ganito at nagtataka sila bakit ako eh naglalakad lang.. sabi ko na lang na magandang warm-up

dati nung una, ganiyan din ako...sa kanto lang naka-oto pa..ngayon, commute mode na lang, kahit pagpasok..lapit lang naman ang pinagtatrabahuhan ko sa bahay, eh...minimum fare lang...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    When I posted that, I meant it in an ideal, minimalist world.

Consider the reality. Crime. Kidnapping. Bagyo. Pollution. Etc...Nowadays, owning a car becomes a necessity, that way you'll be more secure and safe inside (pwera na lang pag nabiktima ka ng carnapper--knock on wood).

Let me play the devil's advocate, consider this: "Not using your money, is money wasted."

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    sa akin lang eh...if they can afford it...why not? kung dun sila maligaya eh bakit hindi?

it's the same as buying a ferrari or porsche against buying a toyota or mitsu, same banana rin - it will get you from point a to point b...yun nga lang, they, who can afford it, want to do it in style...wasteful nga lang sa iba...

if you want to install bling- blings in your ride, and it will make you happy, by all means, do it...pera mo naman yun...wag lang kung ninakaw mo yung pera hah?
    Live and let live ika nga. Agree ako diyan.

Nahirapan lang siguro ako tanggapin that some people hindi makagalaw without their cars. Halimbawa, tatawid lang ng kabilang kanto eh nagsasakyan pa. Hindi praktikal and more importantly nakakadag sa pollution and waste of energy of this form, sa opinyon ko. A little exercise would not hurt naman to trim the waistline di ba?

If for safety naman then by all means gamitin ang car.

Pero, like you said nga, whatever makes us happy.

mho.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    madaming tissue binibili ko para sa oto ko. kasi pampunas lagi. sarap kasi sa loob lalo na pag may kasama lagi at nasa sulok na madilim na lugar..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ^eeeewwww so you're one of those guys huh? LOL

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nice Thread.

Ako nung bumili ako ng car. Maraming nag tatanong paano yung motorcycle ( Suzuki Shogun R) mo bebenta mo na. Sabi ko hindi, ito sagot ko.

1. Pag isang kanto layo ng pupuntahan: LAKAD LANG
    2. Pag sa labas ng subdivision & medyo malapit lang: Motorcycle
    3. Pag malayo pupuntahan, 2 passenger and above, Umuulan = Car
    4. Pag pasok sa office since medyo malapit lang = Salitan Motor & Car
    5. Pag malapit na ma late sa office = Motor ( Madali isingit & mabilis)

Mahal gas.. pero its a blessing that you have the resources to have a comfort ride if you need it.

hehehe! yun lang po.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    If you think of it, owning a car is a waste of money...

Unless you use it for business purposes and it generates part of your income.
    I agree , getting a car is like getting a mistress na kailangan sustentuhan mo In short , additional gastos.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    having a car is a waste of money (for me)

kasi puro patapon ang pera eh. hehehe

gas..
    carwash..
    maintenance..

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
20 ways you waste money on your car