New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    full tank. di ko nasisiguro minsan kung gano kalayo pupuntahan ko. buti na handa. tutal di naman napapanis yan. mabigat nga lang.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    allotment ko for gas is 1,200.00 every payday... that makes it almost full tank... i notice kasi na mabilis bumaba ung gauge if you just fill up ng pakonti konti.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexter View Post
    full tank. di ko nasisiguro minsan kung gano kalayo pupuntahan ko. buti na handa. tutal di naman napapanis yan. mabigat nga lang.
    hirap ng dami pinupntahan, kaya ka nata track, bro, kung saan saan ka kasi nagpupupunta

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    allotment ko for gas is 1,200.00 every payday... that makes it almost full tank... i notice kasi na mabilis bumaba ung gauge if you just fill up ng pakonti konti.
    bakit nga kaya ganun?

Quote Originally Posted by razaec racing View Post
    hirap ng dami pinupntahan, kaya ka nata track, bro, kung saan saan ka kasi nagpupupunta
    aray ko. hahahahaha

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    full tank din ako lagi. hassle pa balik balik ng gas station. pero naicip ko rin un added weight ng full tank lagi pero isipin mo rin un added gas na pag punta sa gas station ult haha.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    just in case you're interested to know the weight of fuel in your tank, i'm using the following figure to calculate the weight of diesel in my tank. i also included the figure for gasoline. these are average values only.

diesel: 0.835 kilogram/liter

gasoline: 0.735 kilogram/liter

example:
    for my 65-liter capacity diesel tank, the weight of a full tank equates to 54.275 kilos or around 119 pounds, equivalent to the weight of an adult but petite female.

if i fill it up to 1/2 tank, i'll be carrying 60 pounds less, more or less the equivalent weight of a small teen-ager.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Full tank for less hassle since it's my daily driver. For the family van, if I end up using it and have to gas up, eh depende sa lakad. Hehehe!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

Others advise to use 1/2 tank only per refill so that you can increase on mileage (km / liter) = savings in fuel, where the reasoning is that if full tank, mas mabigat ang kotse at mas malakas sa gas... what do you think?

Luke

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    it makes sense to fill up only at half, you carry less gas, less weight, less load, engine is not as "hirap"

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, it's not that big a deal. A difference of 60 pounds of gasoline, it might shock you to know, has very little effect on the fuel efficiency of a vehicle in traffic. (from studies, supposedly)... besides, what's 150 pounds when you're driving a 3,000 pound vehicle? Tire inflation has a much greater effect on fuel efficiency than the amount of gas in the tank.

Whereas, having to deal with gas boys who tell you to "turn op di engine po, por safeti!" everytime you gas up leads to higher consumption if you make more stops for gas.

Personally, full tank... 2000 pesos every week or so... about 450 - 600 kms (600 kms only if I'm doing provincial trips in tipid mode... kung all city, mga 450 kms lang... kung "fun fun fun", 400 lang).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
1/2 tank or full tank